Risk & Control Analyst
- Bank of Ireland
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 01 Feb 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Financial controller
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Description of business unit
Regulatory Reporting Control & Operations (RRCO) is responsible for preparing, reviewing and submitting Capital, Liquidity, Financial and Statistical reports to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors on behalf of the Group's regulated entities. RRCO also produces information for key internal governance fora and partners.
Within this department, the Risk & Control team's objective is to decrease risk by implementing, monitoring and improving the control environment/framework related to RRCO's regulatory reporting production process. This is achieved through implementation of RRCO's Risk Management Framework and associated Standards, relevant Group-wide policies/frameworks, and via RRCO's monthly Risk & Control.
RRCO Technical Assurance is responsible for the interpretation of regulatory reporting requirements for key regulatory reporting returns. The principal focus is supporting the function's objective of full compliance with regulatory reporting requirements. In addition to reporting interpretation and documentation the team also support RRCO's training and communications initiatives including supervising external regulatory developments.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to support and improve risk management and risk culture within RRCO and to support RRCO compliance with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Support reporting teams by assisting with the execution of risk assessments (Risk & Control Self- Assessment), development of mitigating controls and in the assessment and recording of reporting incidents and events.
- Assist with ad hoc investigation of regulatory interpretations and thematic investigations of regulatory reporting topics as required.
- Support production of Management Information (MI) packs for the monthly departmental Risk Forum and the monthly regulatory technical update.
- Supervise compliance with the RRCO Risk & Control Framework and Standards, including maintenance of the Documentation Repository.
- Assist with projects, internal and external audits and regulatory inspections as the need arises.
What is the opportunity
Reporting to the Risk & Control manager and supporting the Head of Technical Assurance this is an excellent opportunity to hone risk and control skills and build an understanding of the regulatory environment underpinning the Group's regulatory reporting obligations. This is a hands-on role in a multifaceted environment which affords the candidate exposure across the wide regulatory reporting spectrum.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience working with Risk, Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk and/or control functions
- Consistent record of following internal and external regulatory, operational, compliance and/or key control systems and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to innovate and improve/challenge current approaches.
- Experience of working in a Financial organisation.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 3rd Level degree (Finance, Business or similar) or Risk Management qualification a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of banking products, reporting environment, reporting regulations.
- Risk Management or Regulatory Reporting background.
- Controls background in processes, procedures and compliance.
- Radar or industry standard risk management tools.
- Manage Risk - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Closing date: Feb 14, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.