Financial Accounting & Controlling Analyst
- Shell Business Operations
- Krakow (City)
- Not disclosed
- 01 Feb 2023
- 01 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your understanding of Accounting Standards and their impact on Group & Statutory Financial Reporting and closing activities?
If yes, then this Financial Accounting & Controlling Analyst role could be the one you were looking for. Become a part of Reporting & Analysis team and help us transform the way we manage the financials of Downstream business.
The Downstream & Trading Reporting & Analysis Organization is a team of &>1,000 colleagues providing accurate, timely and insightful financial reporting & analysis.
Within this organization, Financial Accounting and Controlling is a cluster of teams responsible for end to end Group and Statutory financial reporting activities in Europe & South Africa region. This position will report to R&A Senior Manager. R&A FAC Analyst is accountable for assigned process activities (General Leger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Fixed Assets, Statutory and others).
- Preparation of Group or/and Statutory Financial Statements (together with collection of LSR deliverables and Supplementary info for entities in scope)
- Preparation of supporting analysis, country packs, statistical reporting, review meetings
- Focal point for group projects and IFRS changes impacting entities in scope & lead for technical changes in system and interface to process experts
- Execution of controls within the area of responsibility.
- Analyze key Balance Sheet accounts
- Initiate and lead process improvements
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications coupled with working experience in accounting, reporting and financial controls.
- Good knowledge of financial accounting requirements (IFRS standards).
- Good analytical skills, systems and process, with the ability to recognize underlying issues and develop appropriate resolutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications especially Excel.
- Experience in handling end to end audit/local statutory reporting is an added advantage.
- Able to work independently & prioritize
- Able to identify improvement opportunities and manage change.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.