Finance Project Analyst
- Shell Business Operations
- Krakow (City)
- Not disclosed
- 01 Feb 2023
- 01 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
If you would like to learn more about the growing Renewables and Energy Solutions business and work in a very dynamic and constantly changing environment, this role gives you that opportunity. It is also a great way to develop skills in partnering the business to ensure appropriate projects costs reporting and management. This position will play an important role in cost control and providing challenge and support to business decision-making. If you have reporting skills and ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders, this could be the opportunity for you.
Where do you fit in?
Reporting directly to the Reporting & Analysis (R&A) Lead Renewable Generation you will be the part of the e2e R&A team supporting the business. You will work closely with the colleagues within the team, as well as across the organization to deliver good quality project accounting and reporting. Next to this you’ll actively help the team identify process improvement opportunities and be empowered to deliver and implement them, sharing best practice and your learnings along the way.
What’s the role?
The primary role of Project Accountant will be to support Renewables and Energy Solutions teams with projects reporting and management including Master Data, verification of costs allocated to projects, time writing reviews, projects closure, billings. More specifically the role will require to deliver:
- Cost Centre, Project codes, WBSs, etc. creation for Renewables and Energy Solutions projects.
Time Writing support:
- Review & follow up time writing compliance of New Energies (NE) staffs, to deliver no/minimum missing time writing at the end of month.
- Ensure that costs allocated to projects are captured in the right place
- Cooperation with other NE functions (i.e. CP, HR, others) to ensure right codes are used for services, people are assigned to the right Cost Center
- Cost reclasses/ billing instruction as needed/ month-end accruals
- Ensure right budget assigned to project
- Monitor spend vs Budget and timely react to overspend
- Communicate cost performance to Project Manager
- Accruals - postings and accrual control
Management information and business decision support:
- Interpreting financial information and provide adequate challenge & analytical support to the Business Stakeholders
- Support LE process by templates preparation and R1 submission
- Support Planning process
- Strong reporting skills and experience with use of reporting tools (SAP). Excellent excel skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamically changing and demanding environment, ability to quickly learn and adopt to new requirements and tasks
- Ability to remain resilient under time pressure and independently prioritise multiple competing priorities whilst maintaining appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactively look beyond the scope of requests being made and apply creativity in developing solutions
- Improvement mindset, with experience of identifying and driving improvement projects
- Openness to embrace change and remain focused even where ambiguity exists
- Excellent communication & partnering skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills. Good communications skills
- Strong Team Player. Ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
- Excellent written and spoken business level in English
- 3+ years of experience in Financial area
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.