Treasury Capital Management and Planning Vice President (VP)
- Morgan Stanley
- London, UK
- Not disclosed
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality.
- Dynamic role within the Finance division in one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- Open minded, collaborative, and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional career development based on your career interests
- Competitive salary and benefits package with eligibility for annual bonus
- Opportunity to work with high performing teams across Morgan Stanley
Corporate Treasury provides corporate finance advisory service to senior management and internal business units. It also optimizes the Firm’s liquidity and capital base, manages the Firm’s foreign exchange and interest rate exposure, and coordinates relationships with regulators, rating agencies, and creditors.
As a member of Corporate Treasury, you will be supporting Treasury activities across the EMEA region. The role is based in London however will involve working closely with teams across Europe and in New York. In particular, you will have regular and direct interactions with the Global Treasury team, Global Capital Planning team, Risk, Operations, other Finance Groups, IT and the Business Units.
- Perform capital management and planning of Morgan Stanley Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) entities to ensure they meet regulatory and internal capital requirements
- Oversee the production, enhancement initiatives and governance processes for EMEA ICAAP/ICARAs
- Lead, develop and execute capital optimization projects including capital allocation, non-equity economic capital instruments and legal entity capital structures
- Manage and present capital related materials for key governance and regulatory forums
- Identify and implement process enhancements and automation efforts within the Capital Planning and Management area working with broader Finance, Risk and Technology
- Undertake capital analysis for EMEA entities including the setting of targets and limits, and subsidiary double leverage
- Manage team on strategic Treasury projects such as dividends, infusions and restructuring activities
- Manage and develop the response to senior management and regulatory requests
- Oversee EMEA capital policies, procedures and regular reporting
- Build a close working relationship with other groups within Corporate Treasury and Capital Planning, as well as across Business Units, Firm Management, wider Finance, Risk, Legal and Operations
- In-depth working knowledge of Capital management and planning within the Financial Services industry
- Good working knowledge of regulatory requirements in regard to Treasury and capital management activities
- Proven track recording of leading, coaching and developing teams
- Good project management skills and ability to pick up new topics quickly on the job
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with teams across both local offices and globally
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required, particular focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with implementation of complex financial models in a strategic IT environment is required
- Aptitude for detail and a strong commitment to accuracy
- Diversity of thought and background
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification / studying towards: ACT, CFA, ACA, MBA or equivalent beneficial
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.