Senior Manager - Private Bank Finance
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 31 Jan 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, Business analyst, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services (RBS) business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter. The team provides business performance information, financial analysis and advice on the Home Lending product portfolio to support operational and strategic decisions.
The Private Bank Finance roles are business partnering roles supporting the Commonwealth Private business. Commonwealth Private comprises of the Private Banking and Private Advice businesses, forming part of the Wealth & Private business unit within the Retail Bank.
Do work that matters
- Co-ordination and delivery of key financial processes for this portfolio including performance reporting, forecasting and monthly financial control activities.
- Financial modelling and analysis required to influence the business to make the most optimal financial, operational, and strategic decisions.
- Delivery of insightful financial and business analysis to the Private Bank Leadership and RBS Finance stakeholders on the performance of the Private Bank, including quarterly deep-dive packs and analysis of frontline reporting.
- Provision of ad hoc analysis and information required by key stakeholders (e.g. CFO, GM Finance, EGM Wealth & Private, GM Private Banking, GM Private Advice) including deep commercial insights on business performance, operational drivers and market dynamics.
- Adopting innovative approaches to problem solving and insight generation through utilisation of the latest visualisation tools (i.e. Tableau).
- Supporting the subsidiary reporting team within RBS Finance when required, in the preparation of quarterly subsidiary board papers, annual financial statements, and the annual external audit process in respect of the Commonwealth Private Limited entity.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with finance and non-finance stakeholders including RBS finance teams and the Wealth & Private business.
- Actively leading process improvement, simplification and cross skilling within the RBS Distribution Finance team
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline preferably finance, business or economics
- Post graduate qualifications preferred (CA/CPA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the Financial Services preferred but not a prerequisite
- High degree of problem solving and ability to apply judgement
- High analytical ability including the capability to synthesise large volumes of data in order to draw out simple and succinct insights that can support better business conversations and outcomes
- Proven ability to manage and present to stakeholders
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
- Very strong financial data presentation skills and excellent communication skills.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 13/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.