Consultant, Unit Registry/Transfer Agency
- Northern Trust
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 31 Jan 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Reporting to the Manager of Unit Registry Oversight, the Consultant will assist with the oversight and management of the outsourced provider of unit registry / transfer agency services ensuring SLA and key client deliverables are met in a timely and accurate manner.
In addition, you will act as a SME assisting client and internal stakeholders with support and query resolution. This will involve managing complex unit registry / transfer agency projects such as strategic change management, new business transitions, process change and regulatory compliance.
You will be expected to keep abreast of emerging industry trends and maintain regular contact with peers internal and external to firm, including regulators and professional organizations.
In addition, you will:
- Assist with the governance and oversight of the outsourced registry provider
- Act as a liaison between the outsourced registry provider and internal and external stakeholders
- Be responsible for leading the unit registry stream during client transitions
- Coordinate deliverables during peak processing periods (i.e. financial year end)
- Participate in industry working groups
- Utilise your past experience to identify potential risks in operational processes
- Strong client service focus
- Proven experience working in or closely with a unit registry / transfer agent with exposure to wholesale and retail funds
- Strong understanding of the regulatory requirements of a unit registry
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to develop internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes paid volunteer days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit http://www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution - Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.