Senior Manager, Business Partnering
- Perth Central
- Not disclosed
- 31 Jan 2023
- 07 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Finance business partner, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Technology & Operations Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in our team
Your team forms part of the wider Technology Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Technology partners.
As a Senior Manager Business Partner supporting the Bankwest Technology business, you will be contributing to the business priorities by providing insight and supporting stakeholders with financial outcomes related to expense management and commercials of Technology.
Your team’s primary role is to:
- Support the Core Bankwest Technology leadership team with Finance management
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for Technology strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes and provide commercial support, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts and the financial impacts of change initiatives
Key duties will include:
This role is responsible for assisting the Executive Manager to provide financialsupport toBankwest Technology (BWT) Finance.BWTis responsible for thefulltechstack thatunderpinsBankwestacross its digital platform, products and distribution.
- Collaboration with peers and leveraging the team to provide a consolidated view of financial results and analysis to theBWT CIOand the Performance GM
- Managing 2 staff providing FP&A activities including budgeting, forecasting, month end close, variance analysis.
- Acting as a key interface and co-ordination point to key business and finance stakeholders,utilisingyour stakeholder management skills to influence and drive outcomes anddisseminatingtasks across theteam
- Preparation and presentation to senior audiences on monthly results including actionable insights, IT volume trends and drivers of cost, project spend and forecast.
- Maintenance of rigorous financial control, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Business stakeholder managementacrossBWTand BU finance Teams
- Analysis of drivers of consumption and working with other finance teams to understand their application consumption
- Commercial support for key IT vendor contracts including reviewing financial models and business cases.
- Identification and implementation of ongoing process improvements
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified with up to 5+ years post qualification experience;
- People management experience and ability to prioritise and manage workload, leveraging staff, experience in uplifting team performance, providing constructive feedback and the development of staff and team culture
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven experience in advising and influencing senior stakeholders and business outcomes;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including presenting to senior management and leadership teams
- Strong commercial, accounting and financial management experience including financial modelling and understanding of operational business drivers;
- Knowledge of the financial services and / or technology industry, including technology developments that are impacting Financial Services.
- Knowledge and experience supporting Technology Businesses would be desirable
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 06/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.