Financial Reporting Officer
- State Street
- Not disclosed
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
Financial Reporting is responsible for the review of Annual and Semi-Annual Financial Statements as well some monthly/quarterly reports for Alternative structures (Private equity/Real estate/Debt funds) and Hedged funds in LUX GAAP/ US GAAP/ IFRS.
Under the supervision of the “Unit Head - Financial and Regulatory Reporting”, the Officer will play a key management role when ensuring that quality deliverables are sent to our clients with Alternative structures (Private equity/Real estate/Debt funds) and Hedged funds. Such deliverables are compiled by a local team that leverages a delegated service model with part of the functions outsourced to our Hubs (Poland and India). On one side, s/he will take directions from the senior team members and on the other, s/he will guide the Hub Financial Reporting team according to department and bank strategy.
In close relation with the other Fund Reporting Team Leads, s/he will ensure that the assigned client-base (incl. the related stakeholders Auditor, Translator, Printer, Regulator, etc.) is serviced according to best practice and market standards. This includes e.g. that new demands or specific projects are adequately reflected in the overall development queue of the department.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Officer, you will:
- Plan, schedule, and manage the production of financial statements and daily workflow for multiple alternative investment client relationships and product types.
- Oversight and technical review of financial statements in accordance with relevant GAAP and regulatory requirements for alternative investment structures.
- Primary point of contact for clients with responsibility for implementing and supporting the service requirements of the various client relationships serviced within the group.
- Manage the assigned client relationships and ensure service excellence especially by consistently looking for improvements and alternative solutions that would enhance the existing process chain (automation, set-up, scalability, etc.).
- Research, resolve or elevate issues as applicable.
- Lead & drive the assigned team to service new and existing business demand.
- Take direction from the senior team members regarding e.g. the Branch’s strategy, changes to the regulatory framework and/or any related demand & projects, which will be translated into strong business solutions.
- Set individual and team targets and priorities, conduct performance appraisals and give feedback on individual and team performance.
- Maintain and develop technical expertise and participate in training junior staff and new hires.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to effectively represent the team to clients and internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail, reliable and responsive.
- Excellent organizational skill, detail oriented and is able to work under pressure.
- Analytical skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- ACCA and/or CFA certifications considered as a strong advantage
- Min. 6 years of experience in Fund Accounting, Audit or Finance
- Expertise and knowledge of the Alternative structures (Private equity/Real estate/Debt funds) and Hedged funds and the financial reporting around these structures and LUX GAAP/US GAAP/IFRS financial statements for investment companies
- Knowledge around Regulatory reporting (BCL and CSSF) and Luxembourg Tax Return for commercial companies is a strong advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.