SEA - Technical Manager, SEA Audit CoE
- Deloitte Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, MY
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Title: SEA Audit CoE (based in Kuala Lumpur ) – Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talent like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
Work you’ll do
The Deloitte SEA A&A Centre of Excellence (CoE) contributes to Deloitte Southeast Asia’s services and the execution of strategy in a commercial, sustainable and consistent manner. The framework is simple and agile, performing centralised functions to improve consistency on audit quality. Being part of the Centre of Excellence team based in Kuala Lumpur, you will have a variety of assignments and opportunities to work with people across Deloitte Audit’s practice offices in Southeast Asia.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Provide timely, practical, and technically sound guidance to client service teams relating to a broad range of accounting and auditing issues.
- Maintain and develop tools, templates, and resources to assist audit and assurance practitioners in performing their engagements.
- Knowledgeable in accounting and auditing developments and applies understanding to actively encourage continuous high quality and recommend changes in line with leading practices.
- Use judgement and consults appropriately when dealing with complex matters and applying an appropriate level of professional skepticism.
- Provide support to the practice in relation to SEA Audit quality systems, processes, and procedures.
- Work closely with senior management and provide support in the areas of Professional Practice / Technical (IFRS/ISA/Audit Methodology) for the Southeast Asia audit practices while fostering collaboration across borders.
- Planning, execution and delivering projects and other duties as assigned from time to time.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- At least 4 - 5 years of audit and assurance experience in a professional services environment.
- Holds or has completed a professional qualification by one of the recognized accountancy bodies.
- Strong working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and international auditing standards.
- Strong ability to listen, analyse and resolve issues independently.
- Good team player and self-motivated individual with ability to work within a team (both local and virtual) as well as work independently when required.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and complete tasks/projects in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Good communication, interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills.
- English language spoken and written proficiency.
- Some experience in a role within audit quality processes, risk management and/or learning is beneficial but not mandatory.
- The position is based in Kuala Lumpur.
- Given the scale and geographic diversity of Deloitte SEA Audit’s operations, the role necessitates working within a regional team and may involve certain travel commitments.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.