Consulting (Financial Services) - Technology Risk Intern
- Singapore, SGP
- Not disclosed
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Internship
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: FSO Consulting Intern – Technology Risk, Singapore
Join Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace dealing with asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity.
The team provides technology risks solutions to our clients through delivering services on the design, implementation, rationalization of controls and remediation for the purpose of mitigating and preventing risks in our client’s applications, infrastructure and data. This is a transversal area of specialization in the area of information technology, information security and third-party risk management. Using our proprietary methodology, we help clients conduct internal controls diagnostics, perform internal controls transformations and risk remediation, and deliver internal controls testing outsourcing or co-sourcing services. As a Technology Risk intern, you will contribute to help our clients enhance their IT risk strategy, embed an enterprise approach to risk management, optimize risk management functions and improve controls and processes.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to Computer Science, IT Security, Information Systems, Information Technology, Technology Risk or equivalent.
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion in information technology risks, cyber security, digitalization with ability to articulate processes, threats and controls on how they apply to business and technology projects. This passion could be demonstrated via university projects, internships, conferences, self-study, etc.
- Experience and/or desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience.
- Demonstrated passion in coding/scripting languages (e.g. python, java etc).
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Shortlisted candidates can expect an interview round with the hiring team.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload/send in the following documents along with your online application:
- Detailed resume with indicative full-time availability
- Highest academic certification and transcripts
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.