Senior Executive, Corporate Tax - Kent, Maidstone
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We have a vacancy for a Senior Executive to work in our Kent office tax team. This is a full-time permanent role with flexible working and progression opportunities.
You will work closely with the tax managers and directors delivering UK and international tax work. You will assist oversee a corporate tax compliance portfolio of existing clients, ranging from family businesses, entrepreneurial and innovative owner-managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be involved in a variety of tax advisory and transaction work, including due diligence work and the preparation of reports.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with practical corporate tax experience. You will be expected to use your own initiative and work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, audit and corporate finance colleagues.
The role requirements
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification essential.
- Corporate tax compliance and accounting experience. Some tax advisory experience would also be important.
- A passion for client service.
- Display an energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
Your personal and team responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to your work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to make improvements when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Coaching more junior members of the team through sharing experience and knowledge.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Managing the tax relationship of the clients within your portfolio, which will include family businesses, owner managed businesses and large UK / international groups.
- Managing and overseeing the corporate tax compliance cycle including tax computation preparation, advising on tax payments and liaison with the client and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Delegation of preparatory aspects of corporate tax work to assistants and review of their work.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into tax returns on your client portfolio and other clients as appropriate.
- Being actively involved in the provision of advisory services to clients (both proactively and reactively), including clients of other departments and offices.
- Billing responsibility for all tax work on client portfolio. Balancing the requirement to maximise recovery and manage client expectations.
- Identifying opportunities to introduce additional services to clients including corporate tax, VAT, personal tax, employment tax and corporate finance support.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how the delivery of work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve our clients.
Qualities we are looking for
- Enthusiasm, proactivity and happy to be challenged by a variety of different work (if you are seeking a routine role, this role is probably not for you).
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Delivering work to the highest quality.
- Strong tax technical knowledge and understanding of tax accounting.
- Ability to correctly interpret client information including tax computations, financial statements and other source documents to be able to identify the tax risks and opportunities.
- Adherence to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching to more junior members of the team.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.