Credit Risk Business Analyst - Vice President
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Business analyst, Compliance/risk, Credit control, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Are you passionate about the delivery of regulatory change including latest changes introduced with Basel III Finalization (Basel 4 in US / CRR3 in EU)? You have found the right team.
The Treasury and the Chief Investment Office (TCIO) within JPMorgan is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management for one of the world’s largest global financial institutions with a $2.5 trillion balance sheet, including more than $900 billion in loans and $1.4 trillion in deposits. Because it sits at the very center of the firm, TCIO directly influences the composition of the firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs): Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Consumer & Community Banking.
The Capital Product team within the TCIO function and are responsible for driving all large and complex initiatives across Credit Risk Capital to deliver key priorities for the Firm including the implementation of ongoing regulatory changes and the development of a new reporting and analytics application. The team partners closely with a wide array of stakeholders around the Firm such as Basel Measurement and Analytics (BM&A) & Regional Capital calculation and reporting teams, Capital and Liquidity Policy on internal rule interpretation, Chief Data Offices to initiate data lineages/scoping, Technology, Capital Management, Lines of Businesses, etc. while overseeing capital model development and implementation.
- Key coordination point for Credit Risk initiatives amongst all stakeholders
- Formulate execution strategies and propose innovative approaches to implement new regulations, capital interpretations, and model changes
- Develop and oversee the execution of capital implementations
- Collaboration with functional teams and various technology groups to gather requirements and execute project plan to completion, ensuring high quality delivery in line with regulatory and business requirements
- Documentation and delivery of comprehensive, high quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications
- Preparation of detailed test cases / expected results and performance of both Functional and User Acceptance Testing
- Identification of project benefits and establishment of project success criteria / definition of done
- Ability to track key milestones and highlight key risks, issues and dependencies on specific items
- Drive change control and configuration management processes
- Ability to manage, influence and motivate upward and downward
- Resolve conflict through expert collaboration and broad decision-making
- Adherence to a challenging delivery schedule in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Liaise with appointed project contacts to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Communicate and liaise with Program Sponsors and Senior Stakeholders regularly
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Advanced experience of treasury, financial or regulatory reporting areas at a large financial institution
- Product knowledge with the focus on Derivatives, Securities financing transactions (SFTs) and a Repurchase agreement (REPOs)
- Experience in technical capital knowledge: CCR (Counterparty Credit Risk), CRD (Credit Requirements Directive), CRR (Capital Requirements Regulation)
- Experience driving large and complex initiatives across multiple functional groups in a high demand environment
- Self-starter with ability to independently manage own work across initiatives and demonstrated ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities or issues
- Experience with data structures, systems, and large and complex datasets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management and large groups
- Proficiency in MS Office product suite (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint) required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Knowledge of Basel III Finalization rules and analysis against U.S. and EMEA Basel III regulation a plus
- Ability to query large datasets using SQL, Python, Alteryx etc.
- An understanding of key Data Governance and Principals
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.