- S.N. Golding Financial Services Limited
- Port of Spain
- Competitive salary
- 31 Jan 2023
- 03 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Assistant accountant
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
S N Golding Financial Services Limited (SNGFSL) is one of the newest professional financial services firm in Trinidad and Tobago. We comprise a team of professionals who have over 45 years of audit experience. We are led by our Principal, Ms Stacy-Ann Golding, who has some thirty years audit experience, twelve of which were at the Partner level of a Big 4 accounting firm.
S N Golding Financial Services Limited was created out of its Principal’s deep desire to return to the fundamental principle of client care. We aim to provide professional services tailored to the specific needs of the client in order to deliver wholistic solutions to unique problems.
We are committed to upholding the ethical and professional standards upheld by the local regulator, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Trinidad and Tobago (ICATT) and the International governing body, the International Federation of Accountants.
We invite you to join our growing practice.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for various aspects of an assignment, including planning, fieldwork and completion
- Prepare audit working papers in accordance with auditing standards
- Produce work for the Accountant, Audit Senior, Manager and Engagement Leader review – clearly highlighting issue and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Prepare accounting transactions and assist in preparing the financial statements and reports
- Assist in preparing schedules required by accounting clients
- Assisting other team members
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Active engagement with client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and assist in the efficient execution of the audit
- All duties are required to be performed with a high level of attention to detail and sometimes under time constraints to meet specified deadlines.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- ACCA qualified or pursuing ACCA (Level II preferably)
- 1-2 years audit or accounting experience
- Display a good understanding of Financial Statements, including good working knowledge of IFRSs is an asset
- Flexible and willing to travel;
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with PowerPoint and Access would be an advantage.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written
- Shows initiative and flexibility
- Service oriented and eager to learn
- Team player
- Ability to analyze basic accounting information
- Good organizational skills and a positive work attitude