National Audit Technical Services - Senior Manager
- Bristol, United Kingdom; Birmingham, West Midlands, UK; Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Bristol, United Kingdom; Birmingham, West Midlands, UK; Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK; Glasgow, Glasgow, UK; Leeds, Yorkshire, UK; Liverpool, Merseyside, UK; Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK; Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, UK; Reading, Berkshire, UK
Overall job purpose
National Audit Technical Services (NATS) is responsible for maintaining the technical quality of the audit firm's operational procedures and guidance. It does this by producing the Audit Manual, maintaining the firm’s computerised audit software, as well as monitoring the technical quality of technical training courses and assisting in the provision of such courses on an adhoc basis. Technical content for marketing material is also reviewed and when requested, developed.
NATS also provides technical support to partners and staff in the form of advice and opinions in response to queries, as well as providing engagement quality control reviews, 2nd opinion and efficiency reviews. NATS is also responsible for producing the firm’s responses to exposure drafts, consultation documents and discussion papers from bodies such as the FRC, IAASB, IASB and EFRAG, and internal technical communications which advertise changes to published standards, legislation and internal guidance.
The role will require you to communicate with a wide range of individuals within NATS, the audit business and other departments such as Accounting and Financial Reporting, Learning & Development, Valuations and Risk & Advisory Services.
Your primary role will be a point of contact for technical queries from client-facing partners and staff, in your local region but also supporting other offices nationwide.
Other aspects of your role may include, amongst other things:
- Carrying out second opinion/engagement quality control reviews
- Carrying out efficiency reviews
- Assisting NATS RIs on engagement quality control reviews of listed clients
- Drafting and reviewing internal technical communications
- Updating the internal / external model accounts
- Updating key internal documents for changes to accounting standards;
- Developing responses to consultation documents and discussion papers
You will also be involved in ongoing projects across NATS such as, but not limited to:
- The development of standard audit documentation
- Revisions to the Audit Manual
- Testing and input into the ongoing development of the firm’s audit software
- Development / review of technical material for training purposes
- Input to responses to consultation documents
Personal and professional qualities
- ACA/ACCA/CA/CAI qualified
- Experience of working within Audit within professional services
- Experience of working as a Manager or Senior Manager within a similar position
- Good knowledge of accounting standards
- Specialist sector knowledge would be beneficial but not a requirement
Requirements for the role
- Auditing and financial reporting knowledge and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage risk in a commercial environment
- Lead projects and drive a quality and timely output
- Respond proactively to legislative changes, consider the impact on the firm and its resources and
- provides commercial, risk managed solutions
- Influence the decisions of more senior personnel
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Research technical material and ultimately draw conclusions
- Manage time effectively and achieve deadlines consistently
- Bring and share new ideas and challenge current working methods in an appropriate manner
- Spot problems and recommend / implement solutions
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.