Assurance - Audit, Senior
- Penang, MY
- Competitive remuneration package
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Forensic & Integrity Services.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
- Contribute technical insights to audit client engagements and internal projects
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute complex assurance procedures, supervise junior engagement team members and help define the audit strategy
- Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed
- Execute work and present its findings to the client and their stakeholders
- Anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate
- Work closely with colleagues, determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with Quality & Risk Management guidelines
- Create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and support them on their professional and personal development
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Completed the designated number of any professional accounting papers i.e. ACCA, CPA, MICPA, ICAEW
- Minimum of two years of work experience in Audit Services or a related field
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior working experience in global professional services organization or mid-tier firms will be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.