Assistant Manager - International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS)
- Dublin 2, IE
- Competitive remuneration package
- 31 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
EY is Ireland’s fastest growing Big 4 Firm and we have an exciting opportunity to join our International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) team, who are leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A. As part of our ITTS team, you will be working with some of the world’s largest corporations across a broad range of industries and sectors (including technology, telecommunications, life sciences, retail and consumer) while collaborating with high performing teams from across our global network of ITTS professionals.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the international tax arena and a great time to join the ITTS team. As an Assistant Manager in our ITTS practice, you will have the opportunity to work on projects advising our clients as they navigate through these unprecedented changes. You will also have the opportunity to manage a diverse corporation tax compliance portfolio, provide Irish tax advice in the M&A space and assist clients on highly complex transactions including advising on both pre and post transaction divestitures and reorganisations.
The rapid pace of change in the international tax landscape in recent years has led to an increased demand for services and support from our clients. With our business expanding accordingly, we are looking for people who can assist clients on a wide range of Irish and international tax matters. You will work on a team assisting clients in developing and executing their international tax strategy including:
- Managing the risk arising from global tax law change as a result of the Base Erosion Profit Shifting (“BEPS”) project and the EU Anti Tax Avoidance Directive (“ATAD”)
- M&A transactions – pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- IP realignment/optimization transactions
- Corporate restructuring
- Tax efficient supply chain management
- Tax efficient holding, financing and treasury management
- Legal structure rationalisation
- Repatriation of foreign earnings
- Operating model redesign
- Corporate tax compliance and support
- International transfer pricing disputes and controversy
Your key responsibilities
- Assist in the successful delivery of challenging and complex advisory projects
- Contribute to the ongoing management of client relationships
- Management of a tax compliance portfolio with support from senior executives and the Partner group
- Develop junior team members through coaching and mentoring.
- Build a network within the firm to optimise cross-selling opportunities and leverage the latest technologies available.
- Reporting directly to Senior Management including Tax Partners
Skills and attributes for success
- Technical Knowledge - Strong technical skills with a keen interest in and an ambition to develop an understanding of Irish and international tax technical concepts
- Relationship building - Ability to build strong client relationships and professional network
- Communication Skills - Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Risk Management - Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review of client deliverables
- Project Management Skills - Ability to plan and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork – Effective team player; ability to integrate and build effective relationships at all levels
To qualify for the role, you must have
- AITI/CTA/ACA/ACCA/relevant legal qualification with at least 1 year PQE
- Effective working knowledge of Corporation Tax in Ireland or internationally
What we look for
- Someone interested in joining a dynamic team who wants to develop and deepen their corporate and international tax expertise in a fast moving, technology enabled business world
- An individual who is self-motivated and ambitious, balanced with the ability to work effectively as part of a team on a day-to-day basis
- Someone who has the ability to coach and develop others
- A good work ethic and openness to new challenges
- Commercial awareness and ability to develop business opportunities in order to generate growth within the firm
- Excellent communicator with an aptitude to build and manage key client relationships and networks
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package that rewards you for your individual and team performance. As the business grows, we provide opportunities for you to grow too, by helping you develop new skills and progress your career. This includes support, coaching and feedback from your colleagues. But most of all, we believe in giving you the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
To help you do that, we also offer:
- A hybrid working environment
- Total Rewards: A comprehensive package that covers flexible working and career development
- FlexEY: Lets you select benefits to suit your needs across holidays, health, well-being and more
- Annual reimbursement for health-related services such as gym membership
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, come grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.