Hedge Fund Accounting Business Analyst, Associate 2
- State Street
- Krakow, Poland
- Not disclosed
- 31 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Business analyst, Financial analyst, Fund accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Hedge Fund Accounting Business Analyst,Remote, Associate 2
Who we are looking for?
If you have hedge fund accounting experience and want to take part in most important transformation initiative of upcoming years, join one of the world’s leading brands and apply to State Street.
Bring your motivation, knowledge and fresh perspective and we will take care of the rest.
You will be joining Alternative Investment Solutions - recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds.
Join us and build the future of hedge fund accounting.
This role can potentially be performed fully remotely from home within Poland area or in hybrid model from Krakow or Gdans
What you will be responsible for:
- assisting with migration of fund accounting data to Geneva accounting system
- completing detailed tie-out of NAV pack between two systems, including cash and position reconciliations review, validation of new system portfolio pricing, check if income and expense accruals are in line with legacy system
- uploading/migrating historical tax lots and other client portfolio data onto Geneva
- executing tasks according to plan and agreed deadlines
- ensuring data integrity and completeness
What we value:
- strong understanding of financial products
- knowledge of hedge fund accounting systems and NAV end-to-end valuation process
- good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with business teams effectively to resolve any potential issues that might arise during the course of conversion
- willingness to learn and positive attitude
- ability to work with global teams
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- academic degree at any discipline (degree in finance will be an asset)
- 1-3 years working experience in hedge fund accounting
- excellent numerical and analytical skills
- candidate with Advent Geneva experience is preferable, but not necessary
What we offer
- Hybrid work from Poland
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.