Associate - Tax, Indirect Tax, Asia Pacific Tax Centre (2023 Grads)
- Singapore, SG
- Not disclosed
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Business analyst, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle across APTC. You will help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors, reduce cost and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients.
The indirect tax team within EY's Asia Pacific Tax Centre ("APTC") operates as a team of highly experienced indirect tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering APAC wide solutions to multi-national companies.
Work comprises of three core components:
- Delivery of operational excellence initiatives that drive strategic business growth for our clients - Operating Model Effectiveness ("OME").
- Digital Indirect Tax initiatives advising our clients on external digital factors impacting our clients business strategy and operating model, as well as how to optimise internal operations from a technology and data perspective to respond to external drivers for change and differing tax administration compliance initiatives.
- APAC wide indirect tax advisory engagements comprising both global trade and VAT, providing our clients with the APAC solution
Your Key Responsibilities
- Stay abreast of Digital Tax Effectiveness and Digital Tax Administration trends and tax policy changes impacting the way our clients do business
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex supply chain concepts and effectively apply customs and indirect tax knowledge to client situations
- Assist in developing and delivering quality OME and Digital Indirect Tax work products in a timely and responsive manner
- Thoroughly analyse client information. Prepare quality practical approaches to the client's situation
- Develop recommendations and implementation plans for clients and team member
- Full training will be provided to the candidate. Prior experience in any of the above is an asset, however not expected
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Diligent and has a strong drive to excel professionally
- Ability to develop good client relationships
- Commitment to the delivery good quality work
- A team player
To qualify for the role you must have
- Pursuing a university degree related to Accountancy, Business, Business Analytics, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills in business English
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced professional services environment and cope with undefined situations and strong project management skills
- Candidates must be actively interested in developing themselves in indirect tax and analytics capabilities. Training opportunities will be provided
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
- Good IT knowledge
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening.
- Shortlisted candidates may expect a written assessment prior to the interview.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with indicative full-time availability
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.