Team Leader, Finance
- GUARDIAN GROUP
- Port of Spain (TT)
- Salary, Benefits
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
The Team Leader is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Finance department in the following areas: Reconciliations, Financial Controls and Account Payables. He/ She is accountable for the integrity of the asset and liability balances, minimizing risks to the company and ensuring that adequate controls and efficient procedures are in place and adhered to. The incumbent is focused on preparing, reviewing and maintaining bank reconciliations and oversees the cash management process.
• Manage the integrity of the Asset and Liability (Balances within this portfolio) recorded in the financials for all subsidiaries through regular assessment and review of account reconciliations prepared by direct reports; and the timely and accurate clearance of errors and/or outstanding differences between balances confirmed by debtors/creditors vs the relevant company’s general ledger.
• Manage the timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and all subsidiaries under GLOC.
• Review of all bank reconciliations and ensure timely and accurate clearing of reconciling items.
• Identify operational and/or financial risks arising from the reconciliations within their responsibility.
• Oversee the daily monitoring and reporting of cash balances, update cash flow forecasts and make recommendations for inter-bank transfers.
• Develop and maintain current, relevant procedures and controls to ensure accurate and timely recording of cash transactions; and to eliminate or limit the risks identified.
• Train and develop direct reports.
• Manage internal and external audits as relates to the stipulated portfolio for the companies.
2. Lead, motivate, inspire, and encourage employees through effective performance management – setting of clear goals and objectives, ensuring that performance gaps are closed through relevant training, monitoring work performance through continuous performance discussions and timely completion of appraisals.
3. To perform any other job related duties as assigned by the VP.
• First Degree in Accounting or related field from a recognized tertiary level educational institution
• Completed level 1 ACCA and pursuing level 2 ACCA
• 2 – 3 years in a Supervisory capacity
• 2 years’ experience with analytic tools and techniques
• Working knowledge of Guardian Group and its products
• 2 - 5 years’ experience in the respective sub- functional area.
• At least 1 year Experience with financial accounting systems, use/ design on system (e.g. posting, asset register maintenance)
• At least 1 year experience with process mapping or process re-engineering techniques.
The Team Leader must be meticulous, systematic and logical. He/she must be able to manage time and resources efficiently and be able to motivate and train staff in their respective functions; as well as provide guidance for unusual situations. He/she must be able to interact with staff at all levels within the Guardian Group as well as with third party persons; and must possess the ability to perform large amounts of numerical work with speed and accuracy.