- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- 30 Jan 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
This role is offered on a hybrid basis, which can be discussed with the recruitment team during the hiring process.
Join our community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager to join the Change Community of Practice (Chief Transformation Office) in Milton Keynes. As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of prioritised programmes throughout their lifecycle, ensuring that the project goals and benefits are delivered to the agreed Business Case, and with the customer in mind.
As part of the Change Hub, you may be required to support a variety of areas across the business, acting as a key interface between the sponsors, stakeholders, technology and delivery teams. You'll be accountable for delivery and for ensuring that the appropriate governance is followed throughout.
You'll also act as a coach and role model for several more junior colleagues, helping to ensure that Santander is fighting fit for the future.
The difference you'll make.
- Leading development of the project / programme plan through sourcing and analysis of information from senior leaders of relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Defining and developing business case specifications and plans to support prioritised and often sensitive or complex projects, aligning to strategic objectives and gaining required approvals and sign off.
- Ensuring the project / programme scope and impact is clear and agreed by the Sponsor before initiation and change to scope are tracked throughout delivery.
- Identifying dependencies with other projects within the portfolio and reflect this in the project plan.
- Identifying and engaging with required stakeholders to gain their sign-off for required project plan.
- Overseeing operation of an effective PMO, ensuring core processes are operated and MI around project performance is available as required to inform delivery governance.
What you'll bring.
- Experience in a Project / Programme Manager role, with examples of leading project / programme teams and delivering to a business case.
- Understanding of agile and waterfall project management methodologies with examples of structuring and delivering projects within both environments.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience creating and driving delivery of a project / programme communication plan that supports successful delivery of project / programme outcomes.
- Experience managing cross-functional, multiple location project / programme teams of c.10-20 resources in a matrix environment is required.
- Knowledge of project management tools (e.g. Planview, Wave, CMT, Clarity etc.).
- Able to both create and deliver presentations to a range of audiences up to Board.
What else you need to know.
This role is a full-time position working 35 hours a week.
The role is Hybrid based with a combination of working from home and our office in Milton Keynes.
At Santander we're creating a thriving workplace where all colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. We all help to make Santander a workplace that celebrates diversity and attracts, retains and develops the most talented and committed people through living our values of Simple, Personal, and Fair.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
What to do next.
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.