Financial Analyst - Liquidity Stress Testing and Reporting
- Northern Trust
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- 30 Jan 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Liquidity Stress Testing and Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the development of liquidity risk measurement framework components across the stress continuum from business as usual to resolution. The successful candidate will participate in the development and maintenance of the enterprise liquidity stress testing framework, cash flow forecasting, holding company liquidity and resolution planning.
The candidate should have an understanding of balance sheet management and experience in financial planning and analysis, reporting or corporate finance. Ideally, the prospective candidate should have a working knowledge of on and off balance sheet products and strategies, intraday liquidity, financial market utilities (FMUs), risk framework design, identification and measurement approaches which are necessary to support a sound liquidity risk stress testing and measurement process.
- Conduct stress testing, scenario analysis and sensitivity analysis on consolidated and entity level balance sheets.
- Work with global liquidity and resolution planning in the development of liquidity triggers that signal varying degrees of stress including establishing limits and targets.
- Develop knowledge, and perspective on how key liquidity risk drivers would behave across the continuum, business as usual to resolution. Develop working knowledge of critical operations in order to calibrate product and balance sheet assumptions using quantitative techniques to anticipate potential behavior in a crisis and measure the level of impact.
- Participate in the execution and submission of the liquidity regulatory reporting to federal regulatory agencies.
- Support the broader resolution planning effort by providing support in the build out of the liquidity components of the resolution plans.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to aid senior management and executive committees in the decision making process impacting product pricing, balance sheet optimization, and investment selection.
- Ensure compliance with global regulatory requirements and expectations that govern liquidity risk, resolution planning, stress testing, and modeling practices.
- Exceptional ability to organize and execute responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, critical thinking, investigating problem-solving and decision making
- Entrepreneurial attitude and comfort working with varying levels of direction
- Self-starter with a desire to learn both through coaching and independent study
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and VBA
- Python programming experience or willingness to learn
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools including Tableau
- A college or university degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Engineering or other quantitative field is preferred.
- 2-5 years of prior liquidity risk management experience working in a financial institution, regulator agency, consulting firm, or related field is preferred.
- Familiarity with Accounting Fundamentals, Forecasting, Liquidity Risk Management and modern data tools is desired.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.