Early Engagement - Revenue Analyst, Malaysia (HQ)
- Baker Hughes
- Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Not disclosed
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy company?
Do you enjoy working with financial data?
Be part of a team that keeps moving
Our Global Finance Controllership Team provides support for the business for technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis.
Partner with the best
As a Revenue Analyst you will be working closely with a group of professional supporting the Revenue team within Global Finance Organization.
As a Revenue Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that revenue accruals and actual are prepared in line with BKR policy, standard processes and accounting rules and conventions
- Including journal preparation & reviews of month end adjustments. Accruals/ other adjustments as required
- Ensuring the related costs of revenue and other associated accounting entries are correctly posted
- Setting up contract validation structure, standard templates and processes and executing the task and ensuring compliance of accounting with contract clauses
- Including technical evaluation of contracts from Revenue recognition perspective and requires skills for contract terms interpretation
- Performing variance analysis during month to identify differences from accrual to actual numbers and correcting errors
- Elaborates proposals for improvement in approaches, methods, procedures and processes in the own field
- Handling communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CPA/ etc).
- Have minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience in Accounting and finance. Interns and fresh graduates are encourage to apply
- Have experience in revenue recognition and assurance & contract review and validation is required
- Have good knowledge in accounting principles
- Have experience in US GAAP
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.