Social Housing Service Charge Manager
- London, UK
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
The role will involve working with a variety of social housing providers as part of our Grants and Assurance team which is part of our wider Non-Profits and Social Purpose team servicing large housing providers, charities and education providers, together with other not for profit organisations from start-ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations and professional bodies), many of whom are top 100 charities or housing providers or household names.
You’ll be someone who can work pro-actively, managing teams and collaborating with others to deliver service charge audit and other social housing assurance services to our clients.
You will communicate directly with your team (based both in the UK and overseas), senior managers, Partners and client management to enable us to serve our clients effectively and to meet their timetable. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and streamlining our approaches through your knowledge of service charge accounting.
As a manager you will lead a range of teams to deliver service charge audit and assurance services to our social housing clients.
THIS ROLE DOES NOT REQUIRE THE INDIVIDUAL TO BE QUALIFIED OR HAVE AUDIT OR ASSURANCE EXPERIENCE BUT THE ABILITY TO TRANSFER SERVICE CHARGE ACCOUNTING KNOWLEDGE INTO THE ROLE DEPICTED BELOW. HOWEVER, AN UNDERSTANDING ON WHAT AUDIT AND ASSURANCE IS, WOULD BE REQUIRED.
The role will require the individual to:
- Demonstrate exceptional project management and organisation skills and ability to lead teams, review work and achieve required outcomes.
- Deliver quality audit and assurance work and exceptional client service.
- Simultaneously drive multiple projects with different teams to a successful outcome.
- Develop strong professional relationships with internal teams and client stakeholders.
- Take a proactive approach and be able to prioritise and manage work and review the work of others to ensure consistency of quality.
- Train and brief teams to ensure understanding of client systems, processes and required outcomes.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail to deliver accuracy in outputs.
As a manager reporting directly to the Senior Managers/Partners and working closely with audit teams, you will be expected to:
- Develop strong, trusting and credible working relationships with staff on engagements, and client teams.
- Overall project management of assignments from planning to completion.
- Briefing and training of staff and sharing of knowledge.
- Project managing multiple deadlines and prioritising the completion of tasks to enable client timetable to be met.
- Initiating client information requests and monitoring delivery against these.
- Monitoring and reviewing the work of teams and resolving technical issues and ensuring quality of documentation prior to Partner review.
- Exercising sound judgement and professional scepticism in reviewing service charge expenditure, assuming responsibility for all aspects of file completion.
- Keeping up to date with industry developments including technical guidance.
You will also be required to regularly and actively participate in networking events in order to build your network and support the firm with origination and business development activities.
Each member of the Team is required to attend relevant team events and training.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. We can offer you the opportunity to gain qualifications should you so wish. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 08 March 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.