Manager - Direct Tax Compliance and Reporting
- Warszawa, MZ
- Competitive remuneration package
- 30 Jan 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Manager - Direct Tax Compliance and Reporting
Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
The GCR team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570+ talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
The GCR team comprises over 225 dynamic individuals spread across 13 countries and more than 20 offices. We have specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Service Management, Indirect Tax, Statutory Reporting, Finance BPO, Funds Tax Management, and Payroll. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
Our Direct Tax Compliance and Reporting team work closely with the client group tax function, acting as the primary point of contact and developing trusted business relationships across the account. We provide clients with global tax insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative and business changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value. Our unique position enables the team to build a wide network across EY service lines and countries as they bring together all of the EY services and expertise available to meet their client needs. Our team work exclusively on large, multi-country compliance engagements, providing the opportunity to work with some of EY’s most complex corporate clients and giving a continued opportunity to learn and develop.
Join our fast-growing Direct Tax Compliance and Reporting team, Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team as a Manager. The role will give you the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements in a tax accounting and direct tax capacity. This role will help understand the global engagement metrics where you can help and contribute to the continuous process improvement plans and entails client interactions. The opportunity is for a manager who has prior technical knowledge
US GAAP and / or IFRS tax reporting to provide compliance. You will work closely with London based ETC teams or other teams in different GDS locations in assisting clients in their quarterly and annual tax reporting process and have the opportunity to grow a tax accounting advisory book of business.
Central review of Direct Tax Global View Pack and presenting Global Data Analytics where we will be sharing insights from their direct tax data across countries, major legislative changes which need to be planned for and tax opportunities which could deliver value.
Balance Sheet reconciliations where you will review monthly/ quarterly reconciliations for our largest TFO engagements and have the opportunity to work in the automation and transformation of the service.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading and supporting CIT compliance delivery
- Managing the delivery and execution of tax accounting, account reconciliation and data analytics deliverables.
- Review simplified centralised prepared provisions and return to provision accruals, review more complex provisions and return to provision accruals from EY local teams
- Leading cross border delivery team.
- Key client contact, communicating with clients and building strong relationships.
- Oversight of the direct tax deliverables under the global outsourcing compliance engagement
- Managing account resourcing, budget and delivery
- Implement new engagements and seek process improvement opportunities on engagements
- Helping drive efficiencies on client’s or EY’s processes, designing and implementing simple solutions to complex processes, leveraging benefits of standardisation, centralisation and technology
- Connecting our clients to EY subject matter specialists
- Maintaining quality standards
- Developing and coaching the team
- Escalation for client and EY teams
- Liaising with our Centre of Excellence teams in London, Belfast, Philippines, Argentina and Poland and EY Local country teams
- Support in overseeing the overall compliance process/engagement
- You will be supporting across both our Direct Tax compliance and Tax Reporting delivery teams, being a route of escalation for members of the team if they cannot move issues forward. You will be expected to build strong relationships based upon trust and doing the right thing with our clients. You will ensure our teams are using our best practise documentation, and that agreed procedures and processes are adhered to on your engagements. You will also make sure our suite of technology tools is providing the output required to meet our contractual obligations.
- Your day will be structured around internal client catch ups, conference calls and teams meetings – managing the key activities you, and your team will be working on that week / month, the contractual obligations we need to meet, and what needs to be prepared for upcoming client meetings. You will review and sign off the client deliverables and ensure that these meet the right quality standards.
- As a Manager at EY you will actively be involved in the coaching and development of more junior members of your team and providing career guidance for the wider team where required. You will be responsible for leading our teams and making sure we all working as well as we possibly can together.
Skills and attributes for success
- Broad and deep corporate tax compliance experience
- Experience on working and managing large global outsourcing compliance engagements
- Project management skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines and monitor own budget.
- Self-motivated and takes personal responsibility and accountability of their own work
- Problem solving capabilities– identifies an issue, evaluates, designs a solution and implements, and ongoing commitment of continuous improvements
- Process focused with experience of implementing process or technology changes
- Track record of managing teams; coaching and developing junior staff
- Strong communication skills and experience working with multi-country teams
- Organized with an ability to deliver deliverables in a short timeframe
- Ability to manage budgets and time to deliver a quality output
- Experience in US GAAP and / or IFRS tax accounting provisions/projects, Global View Packs and Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Corporate income tax experience (any country or countries)
- An ability to distil complex concepts into simple high-level messages
- Accounting qualification (would be an added advantage)
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree qualified
- Understanding of the tax reporting process, Balance sheet reconciliation process and basic understanding of Direct Tax Global View Pack
- Experience in corporate tax and withholding tax
- Good understanding of the deferred tax concepts
- Project management experience on managing/leading large global outsourcing compliance engagements
- Experience working in corporate tax compliance, in professional services or industry (combination of professional and industry experience preferred, not essential)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbally
- Excellent MS Excel and word capability
- Track record of managing teams
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Broad experience in withholding tax, country by country notifications and other direct taxes
- Tax Transformation / compliance process improvement experience
- Experience of rollout and/or implementation of tax technology
- Proficient multi-tasking ability
- Be a strong team player with the ability to add value to the current team
- Experience managing teams across multiple jurisdictions
- Accounting qualification and/or Tax qualification - ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA qualified or equivalent (any country)
What we look for
We are looking for individuals with a transformative mindset, people who can see past what we do today and dream up what we could do tomorrow. We want people who communicate well, work as part of a team and drive their responsibilities through to completion. An energetic team player with the ability to build strong working relationships with client and EY teams alike. Someone who can manage issues through to successful resolution, strengthening the client relationship. A result driven candidate with the capability to add financial value to an engagement and the wider team and bring innovation to their clients.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.