Technology Risk Assurance - Assistant Manager
- BDO UK
- Competitive salary
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Internal audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Technology Risk Assurance - Assistant Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our audit entities financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our auditees, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
Our services are both assurance and advisory in nature, with the majority of our work at present being external audit support and internal audit. The number of advisory engagements is also growing quickly and there will be opportunities for individuals to work on a broad range of projects are likely, including Advanced Data Analytics, IT Governance, Cyber Security, Technology Resilience, IT Internal Audit, Cloud, Blockchain, Machine Learning/AI, Data Privacy and Social Engineering reviews.
The role provides an exceptional opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their technical, commercial and audite relationship skills in a supportive and collaborative environment, working with colleagues who are recognised as experts in the sector.
An ideal candidate would possess strengths that are aligned to the development of TRA, including, but not limited to: collaboration, innovation, communication, decision making, and analytical skills. You should express an interest in technological innovations relevant to audit, and a willingness to learn and adapt skills to become a part of one of BDO's fastest growing teams.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far.
- Strong Technical Skills: A track record of developing IT General Controls reviews across both simple and complex audits.
- Excellent Communications Skills: Ability to keep IT Audit Managers, Leadership team and Audit colleagues up to date with status, findings and the implications from the IT audit work. Escalating at the right time is essential to ensuring challenges are dealt with early.
- People Management: Experience of leading small teams of IT audit specialists is important and examples of developing team members essential.
- Audit Entity Service Delivery: Exceptional audit service is critical to our business and we expect this to be at the heart of how you operate. Managing project timelines, budgets and deliverables also important to the outcomes, along with performing and preparing high quality deliverables.
- Networking and Marketing: Act as an ambassador for the TRA team, whether leading presentations, effectively engaging with internal networks or bringing innovation to the TRA team. Represent the Technology Risk team at office and firm meetings as required.
- Personal Development: Develop the necessary skill set in core product streams and specialise in two of these areas by proactively staying informed of developments and marketing services.
- Identify and evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of audit entity controls for managing risks around information security, change management, computer operations, and system design and development
- CISA qualified (Essential), and a professional qualification in finance such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA (desirable)
- Experience of IT general controls and application control reviews in support of external audit engagements which includes understanding the implications of control deficiencies and approaches to test risk materialisation
- Experience of supporting external audits companies in a wide range of sectors, including but not limited to - retail, manufacturing, gaming, financial services, technology, public or professional services.
- Experience of auditing ERP packages such SAP, Oracle & Dynamics AX.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our audit entities achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex engagement challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them? Please apply.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.