- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA)-Maharashtra-India
- Not disclosed
- 30 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Finance director, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction.
FSS Data Services DQC team within Finance is responsible for all the data quality controls – accuracy and completeness of data consumed for Regulatory, Internal and Management Reporting across Liquidity and Capital.
- Functionally hands-on with the data quality controls and experienced to identify the control gaps and recommend changes in the Data controls
- Review all existing data controls are robust to ensure accurate and timely Regulatory Reporting in the Liquidity space.
- Review the new Regulatory reporting requirements and guide the team to build new controls aligned with the Regulatory requirement.
- Liaise with IT and Operations to support the new requirements and daily BAU.
- Provide guidance, and monitor resources in the team to meet the stringent timelines of Regulatory Reporting.
- Monitor daily feed delivery trade level data for liquidity data controls and conduct data completeness, population checks.
- Inform users / escalate critical data quality issues that may impact global calculations Guide and encourage teams to leverage Strategic tools Alteryx, RPA, Power BI to create efficiencies.
- Challenge existing controls and focus on enhancing controls to support Regulatory requirement eliminating Operational risk and near misses.
- This role demands an eye to detail and an overall understanding of the Liquidity, Capital and Balance sheet reporting.
- Ensure data alignment with the other Regulatory reports of the organization.
- 10-15 total years’ experience preferable in a similar industry and similar role where the experience can be leveraged.
- Experience around Capital, Balance Sheet or Liquidity Regulatory reporting or Data governance roles.
- A CA, CFA, MBA Finance from a reputed college with good understanding around Financial Products
- Previous work experience of working on Data related projects or Liquidity, Capital Regulatory reporting would be preferable.
“Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents."For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.