Finance Transformation Manager - USA & New Markets
- Primark Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- 30 Jan 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant, Treasury
- Digital, Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Finance Transformation Manager - USA and New Markets
Purpose of role:
This is a key role within the Finance function, with responsibility for supporting the business in the delivery of its strategic priority to expand our store network in the USA and enter other new markets. The successful candidate will act as a primary point of contact for all areas of Finance and various business teams in respect of operationalising new market entry and USA expansion for finance activities.
Reports to: Finance Transformation Director
Location: Dublin Head Office
- Management role with responsibility for delivering finance requirements to support USA expansion and new market entry.
- Representing Finance and ensuring Finance requirements and risks are raised at business wide committee meetings.
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders in Finance (including Financial Operations, Treasury, Payroll, Tax and Financial Reporting) and the wider business including Technology, Store Development and Property.
- Responsibility for delivering required finance processes for new market entry and expansion for the Finance team in a timely and compliant manner.
- Ability to take a future focused and strategic approach to finance processes and set-up for entry to new markets and expansion of existing markets.
- Ability to work with information gathered from multiple sources across Finance and the business, evaluate true business requirement from user requests, ensure that the proposed solution and processes are reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Lead the relationships with the Technology project team and Finance to deliver end to end finance systems-setup.
- Finance lead contact for assisting all areas of the business on finance related new market and expansion queries (e.g. contracting queries, cash collection at stores, vendor payment issues, regulatory requirements/updates etc)
- Identify improvement opportunities to design and deliver effective, efficient and where applicable automated processes that will enhance business outcomes, reduce risk, systemise the control environment and improve user experience across new market processes.
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing Finance processes and system landscape as a building block for change and adding new markets.
- Present findings and status updates to management in a clear and concise format.
- Plan, manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solves complex issues in new market implementation and leads the processes needed to correct the problem
- Other related ad hoc activities, as required.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong breadth of experience in finance processes, focussed on either accounting or finance project management and delivery. Experience with systems set-up/changes a distinct advantage.
- Excellent project management skills – demonstrated ability to manage projects and teams.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Commercial awareness and strategic mind-set, with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business.
- Experience working on transformation programmes/change programmes desired across people, process and systems.
- Strong, clear communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective and persuasive facilitation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills and ability to influence decision making among senior stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) or similar qualification is an advantage.
- 5+ years PQE having worked in finance.
- People management experience is an advantage.
- Process oriented with a logical mind-set, using reasoning consistently to come to the correct conclusion.
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within Finance, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Strong financial and analytical acumen.
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic.
- Proven experience working in a large organisation with multi-currency and multi-national exposure.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.