Tax Associate 1, Guernsey Channel Islands, FY23/24
- St. Peter Port, UK
- Competitive remuneration package
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Job descriptionAt EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
To manage your time effectively, working across a small number of engagements whilst receiving support and encouragement from your team/s, and reporting directly to the senior/supervisor. The role requires commitment to develop and build upon your technical knowledge as you progress up towards senior level, so it’s vital to ask questions to show your willingness to learn in both a team and individual manner. You will play a vital role in helping us Build a Better Working World for the future of Tax.
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of a wide variety of tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships both within the firm and externally with clients to provide exceptional client service
- Maintain a strong client focus and be responsive to client requests
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with clients
- Demonstrate basic understanding of a wide range of industries or sectors and be aware of technical issues or tax risks
- Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the clients’ business
- Stay up to date with international tax legislation developments
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the tax teams and listen/respond to other team members’ views
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Promote EY’s ethical and professional standards, including data confidentially, especially when dealing with outsiders
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Motivation to study towards the ACCA or ICAS professional qualification
- Communication and teaming skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project and task management skills
- Strong IT skills
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.