ME Firm Tax Senior Associate (Tax Advisory)
- PwC Middle East
- Not disclosed
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
- The Firm Tax team is a part of the PwC Middle East (ME) Group’s OneFinance function.
- The team supports on all levels of the firm’s tax activity and is organized into two sub functions: Compliance & Audit; Governance & Risk.
- The tax advisory function sits under Governance and Risk.
- This role is intended to support the Governance & Risk / Tax Advisory sub function.
The ME Tax Advisory Senior Associates' role is comprised of the following:
- Support the ME Group’s tax governance and risk requirements as relates to Middle East and non-Middle East tax matters;
- Support in relation to the tax advice provided to the business;
- Support with the ME Group’s periodic non-Middle East tax reporting requirements;
- Contribute to tax optimisation projects;
- Contribute to upholding the tax governance of the ME Group in accordance with the Tax Code of Conduct;
- Contribute to managing and mitigating tax risks of the ME Group in accordance with the Tax Code of Conduct; and
- Support on ad-hoc projects
Support the ME Group’s tax governance & risk based compliance process, including:
- Support with the ME Group’s tax compliance and regulatory reporting documentation, including:
- Economic Substance Reporting (ESR);
- United States compliance & reporting (annual returns, withholding foreign partnership requirements);
- Other non-Middle East compliance & regulatory requirements;
- Provide support on tax governance & risk projects such as automation requirements, costing validations, tax effectiveness and efficiency improvements;
- Provide support on tax optimisation and tax savings projects;
- Ensure submission deadlines are adhered to.
Support the Tax Advisory Manager in providing tax advice to the business to help the Firm manage the tax impact on its business, including:
- Tracking the incoming requests for tax advice;
- Reviewing all types of provided documentation from a tax perspective.
- Including, but not limited to, client contracts, agreements with suppliers, subcontractors or other PwC offices, internal/external forms;
Drafting advice in consultation with the Tax Advisory Manager:
- advising on the tax implications arising on potential contracts/engagements;
- advising the business on optimal tax efficient contracting;
- advising on the VAT treatment upon invoicing;
- providing approval of credit notes;
- attending calls in relation to the on-going business requests for tax clarifications.
- Maintaining the tax advice folders and keeping them up to date;
- Completing US FATCA and CRS forms for the various ME entities;
- Completing various other tax-related forms (no PE declarations, withholding tax / treaty-relief forms, etc);
- Applying for tax residency certificates;
- Monitoring the Firm Tax internal codes.
- Develop strong working relationships with all stakeholders across the ME Group.
- Be up-to-date on the most recent global and local tax developments.
- Be actively involved in and a positive influence on team recruiting, development, training and retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Law or a related field required.
- Bi-lingual English/Arabic.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic.
- 3+ years of tax experience ideally pertaining to multi-jurisdictional businesses.
- Previous experience with corporate tax and withholding tax is required.
- An understanding of other taxes and international tax concepts would be an advantage.
- Must have tax corporate income tax compliance experience.
- Tax accounting experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier (Big 4) firm would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic level of understanding across a broad range of tax related matters including compliance and corporate tax optimization.
- Ability to interpret tax legislation, rules and regulations
- High level of analytical skills, including proficiency with MS and Google tools.
- Ability to adhere to procedures, controls and policies for functional areas of responsibility.
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail and proactivity required.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills and business writing skills required to effectively communicate with stakeholders in relation to tax and ability to simplify complex concepts to a non-tax technical audience.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.