Upstream Finance Analyst
- Shell Business Operations
- Not disclosed
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Reporting & Analysis support
- Understand and support specialized requirements for financial reporting in Upstream business
- Support Financial analysis by g commentaries on monthly, quarterly and yearly movements and balances for Financial Statements.
- Post month end related journals
- Troubleshoot & investigate system errors
- Local statutory reporting
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations (Blackline) ensuring all control requirements met on a timely basis
Central Finance Support
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders on and offshore to deliver overall success in accounting and reporting services
- Transaction analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders.
- Assist in improving the level and quality of information that is provided to the business and used internally for review and control
- Ensure all controls complied with and evidenced
- Assisting with the process and all internal/external audit requests including those for JV partners and Production Sharing Contracts
- Responsible for planning own workload in order to meet stated deadlines and escalating issues as appropriate
- Identify accounting issues and propose solutions / escalate as necessary.
- Identify areas for process improvements within existing scope
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications with 3 years related work
- Able to display good teamwork focused to deliver results and meeting business needs
- Able to work independently and with offsite stakeholders
- Able to communicate and present well
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn.
- Able to work under pressure and highly disciplined in meeting deadlines
- Able to work with Group resources on process streamlining and standardization
- Knowledge of Shell businesses will be an advantage.
- Sound IT knowledge and hands-on experience/skills preferred e.g. SAP, Microsoft applications especially Excel
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.