Account Manager - Credit & Structured Products
- Alter Domus
- Boston, US; Chicago, US; Carmel, US;
- Customised compensation structure
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Credit control, Financial analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Account Manager to join our Credit & Structured Products teams in our Chicago, Boston or Carmel, IN offices.
- Act as face of the portfolio accounting team to clients.
- Oversee portfolio accounting team, ensuring superior client service is consistently delivered.
- Coordinate with Fund Administration team to understand accounting policy and ensure it is correctly implemented across funds.
- Enhance process and deliver process improvements.
- Champion Alter Domus brand.
- Expert in end-to-end business line process. Ability to communicate process to internal and external parties.
- Provide strategic direction of business unit and initiatives. Work with Director and Managing Director to move forward.
- Manage P&L of team. Be efficient in use of headcount.
- Take full ownership of client deliverables, delegation of duties while ensuring team members are taking appropriate ownership and executing tasks.
- Conduct regular workflow reviews with staff to ensure optimal execution.
- Perform active relationship management role and manage issues as they arise objectively and directly with the client for resolution.
- Subject Matter Expert at Alter Domus on client engagements.
- Coach, mentor, and support team through all aspects of assignments.
- Ensure training and development of staff is appropriate and consistent.
- Lead, develop and mentor career path of team members.
- Mastery of internal workflows, processes, and management of deadlines.
- Understand other business unit functions within Debt Capital Markets and how it impacts the team.
- Proactively expand client relationships by recognizing their needs and understanding Alter Domus suite of services.
- Ensure exceptions are cleared and procedures and regulations are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Bank loan administration experience, including bank loan platform and technology experience.
- Proven track record of process improvement.
- Experience managing a team.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and recommend long-term solutions.
- Ability to multitask, working on multiple client deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients.
- Experience with accounting concepts is a plus, not required.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team. and
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus provides a sophisticated, diverse, and global work environment with prominent clients. We will take your ambitions and talents to the next level while giving you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- 401(k) savings plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Flexible paid time off from 27-35 days paid off per year, depending on your level
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Generous parental leave for both parents
- Health care coverage for as little as $25 per month
- Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive training through our acADemy training program
- Dedicated people manager and coach focused on your career
- As well as many more…
For more information, please visit: careers.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.