Logistics Finance Analyst
- Next PLC
- Pontefract, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 30 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About the role:
At Next we have a brilliant opportunity for a Logistics Analyst to join our team in Pontfract. This role as a Logistics Finance Analyst provides reporting and analysis for all accounting aspects of our Warehouse operation! As the Logistics Finance Analyst for warehousing supporting the Logistics side of things, you will be dealing directly with the warehouse managers and their teams to ensure costs are correct. You will also work with other Finance Managers within other departments supporting warehousing and other operational departments in the business.
In the Finance team at the Elmsall site there are 22 colleagues in total, all working within Warehouse, Logistics, Stock and Audit. We are a really friendly bunch who work hard but have great banter in the office too. Once established in this role we offer flexible working with a part office/ part home split week to week.
Ideally we are looking for someone who is great at Excel, has confident Excel skills, excellent communication skills and would like to develop within Next!
Once established in this role we offer flexible working with a part office/ part home split week to week.
- Prepare and complete the finance month-end process for warehousing in an accurate and timely manner
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring all balances held are accurate and any anomalies are thoroughly investigated and corrected
- Preparation of Monthly Finance Packs for each warehouse
- Conduct monthly finance reviews with the General Manager and warehouse managers
- Monthly forecasting updates with commentary on movements to previous forecast
- Close involvement in the bi-annual budget process, with budget preparation and explanation of variances to previous years
- Weekly reporting on warehouse resources, working with the operation to understand any unexpected anomalies
- Client billing for any services provided
- Ad-hoc work. These are varied but include investment appraisals
- Proven track record of working within a dynamic accounts function and who is working towards a professional qualification in ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data in a meaningful way to non financial colleagues (Excel driven)
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees across multiple business areas and have excellent influencing skills
- Good communication skills who is comfortable talking to different types of people daily
- Strong analytical skills including using Excel and other systems to examine data
- Due to the office location, then a full driving licence would be advantage
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.