Finance Transformation Analyst
- Primark Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- 30 Jan 2023
- 28 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Role: Finance Transformation Analyst
Purpose of role: Support the Senior Finance Transformation Manager and the wider Finance Transformation Function in developing new processes to respond to any strategic initiatives the business enters into. You will also support the team with the delivery of transformation across end to end finance processes in areas such as Source to Pay, Property and Market Expansion through both small change improvements (utilising potential automation opportunities) and large scale system and process changes. The role requires an ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals, and the ability to implement and deliver changes.
Reports to: Senior Finance Transformation Manager
Location:Dublin Head Office
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing Finance processes and system landscape as a building block for transformational change.
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders in Finance (including Financial Operations, Finance Business Partnering, Payroll, Tax and Financial Reporting) and the wider business including Technology, Store Development and Strategic Project teams.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within Finance, working with relevant stakeholders to drive and implement positive change to improve finance user experience.
- Work with the Finance Transformation team and other key stakeholders within Finance and the business to support the delivery of the Finance transformation strategy.
- Work with internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the Finance Team to achieve its strategic goals.
- Support the definition and implementation of new processes for key business strategic initiatives such as new market entry and digital strategy.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user requests, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Key stakeholder in the Primark Governance Framework, driving engagement and supporting others across Finance & Technology in preparing for and engaging with Governance forums.
- Present findings and status updates to management in a clear and concise format.
- Plan, manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Other related ad hoc activities, as required.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview
- Brings a challenger mentality and constantly looks for continuous improvement
- Experience working on transformation programmes/change programmes desired across people, process & systems
- Strong, clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective and persuasive facilitation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills and ability to influence decision making among senior stakeholders
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- 2+ years PQE having worked in finance
- Process oriented with a logical mind-set, using reasoning consistently to come to the correct conclusion
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within Finance, the business and external service providers / business partners
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Oracle Financials is an advantage
- Knowledge of transformation through business process change, automation, Business Intelligence and data analytics would be advantageous. E.g. applications such as Automation Anywhere, Alteryx, MS Power Automate etc.
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic
- Proven experience working in a large organisation with multi-currency and multi-national exposure
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.