Group Internal Auditor
- Michael Page
- West Midlands, Birmingham
- 27 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5910908
- Lucy Williams
- Job role
- Internal audit
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
This role is a great opportunity to work within a well-respected Internal Audit function which strives for continuous improvement, identifying pragmatic solutions to problems through the dynamic and forward-thinking approaches of the team.
Leading brand in the Midlands.
The role provides great exposure to the senior and executive leadership teams, including the Group FD and CFO, allowing you to build your reputation in a well-established organisation. Over the last five years, the team have a proven track record in developing and promoting within, enabling this role to be available now.
The role of Internal Auditor is to support the implementation of the audit plan and assist with ad hoc reviews/investigations. This role reports into the Group Internal Controls Manager and will also involve working for the Group Internal Audit Manager, both of whom ultimately report to the Director of Internal Audit.
There are opportunities to work alongside all areas of the business and get involved in a variety of audits/reviews, including; balance sheet audits, process audits, policy reviews and fraud investigations.
- Plan and develop the audit scope; performing risk based operational and financial audits
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation's risk management, governance and internal control processes
- Present and discuss audit findings and recommendations and produce draft reports.
- Track outstanding recommendations to ensure they are adequately implemented and to drive continuous improvement
- Monitor ongoing process compliance
Essential: Qualified Accountant (preferably ACA / ACCA) with an audit background
Desirable: One year post qualification experience
- Planning, execution and completion of audits
- Expertise in the auditing of Balance Sheets
- Auditing multi-site businesses, preferably within the manufacturing industry
- Review of processes and controls
- Making recommendations for control improvements
- Computer literate - Excel skills required
- Ability to analyse and summarise large volumes of data
- Strong communication/ presentation skills with ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- Full driving license
Superb package and development on offer.
Low travel within the role.