Commercial Management Accountant
- Page Personnel
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- £38000 - £44000 per annum
- 27 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5920271
- Arniel Dunque
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
The role of the Commercial Management Accountant is a key role within the client's finance team that's based in Cambridge. The post deals with maintaining accurate records and the production of financial information with the goal of:
- Ensuring the smooth running of all financial aspects of the business
- Keeping of accurate financial records
- Effective Cashflow management
- Timely supply of information and reporting
The client has grown to be one of the UK's Top 10 independent suppliers of IT and office services focusing on Managed Print Services (MPS), Unified Communications and Security - they have a high level of retention, having grown substantially in the last 5 years and now have 7 locations across the UK with other sites in the pipeline.
They are looking for a part-qualified Commercial Management Accountant who is at the finalist stage of their professional qualification to join the finance department at their head office based just outside central Cambridge. They are currently in the process of automating and streamlining their financial procedures and is looking for someone ambitious with outstanding organisational skills, excellent computer skills with intermediate level proficiency level in Excel and could work under pressure.
Key responsibilities for the commercial management accountant:
- Assisting the team with the month-end process delivery.
- Use of the company's current ERP IT system - Kingfisher.
- Kingfisher/Accounts package administration and closing ledgers.
- Margin and overhead variance analysis and reporting on a regular basis.
- Participation in stock reporting and accuracy.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance and general ledger accounts.
- Complete and reconcile quarterly VAT returns to the nominal ledger.
- Debtors and creditors, as well as working capital management.
- Board pack reporting including production print KPI's
- Assisting with the preparation and contact with auditors.
- Assist with the development and submission of national statistical returns.
The successful commercial management accountant will have:
- Professional qualification - part-qual/finalist.
- Successfully Led small finance teams in the past.
- Microsoft Office skills, with at least intermediate Excel knowledge.
- Use of a company ERP IT system.
- Financial modelling, including preparation of month-end accounts.
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels of the business.
- Personable and approachable, with a good telephone manner.
- Good team-player with a flexible approach.
- Willing and able to help out where required.
- Need to be well presented and portray a professional image.
In addition to a competitive salary, the role offers an attractive benefits package:
- Competitive salary package: £38,000 to £44,000 (depending on experience)
- Excellent training & development opportunities within a growing organisation
- Life insurance
- BUPA health assessment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Volunteering leave policy
- Free parking in their Cambridge office