Team Leader - Client Accounting and Tax Compliance
- Iris Thaumas
- Mriehel, Malta
- €35K - €45K p.a.
- 28 Jan 2023
- 01 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Assistant management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified, Qualified accountant
We are seeking to employ an experienced Team Leader to lead our client's established team of professionals in their Client Accounting and Tax Compliance Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of local and international clients. The role requires an autonomous and results-oriented individual who can effectively lead the resources available with a view to consistently meeting and exceeding their clients’ expectations.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a full-service certified public accounting practice specializing in tax, audit and financial planning services and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and reviewing corporate tax returns and tax refund claim forms.
- Monitor the end-of-month routines, including the preparation and review of periodical management accounts and reports.
- Prepare and reviewing VAT returns and VAT recapitulation statements.
- Produce ad-hoc reports, including cash-flows, budgets and forecasts.
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Plan and organising your team to ensure that processes, roles and responsibilities are sufficiently clear to consistently meet agreed targets and service standards.
- Play an active supervisory role to influence and shape the development of the firm and the people at all levels of the organization.
- Assisting in ad-hoc projects and any other duties assigned by the Manager and Partners.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in accounting and tax compliance in Malta.
- Experience at team-leader level would be considered an asset.
- Be capable of working in a computerised environment, including the proficient use of the Microsoft office suite and experienced in using accounting software (preferably Sage Line 50 Accounts).
- Be an organised and methodical individual with an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work equally well with peers, teams and clients.
- The ability to prioritise commitments and work well under pressure to meet statutory deadlines.
- Be able to work on own initiative, with minimum supervision.
An accountancy qualification, ACCA, bachelor’s degree or higher international qualification (preferably first-time passes).
Monday to Thursday from 08:00 to 17:30, Friday from 08:30 to 15:30.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Performance bonus in June (mid-year).
- Performance Appraisal in Dec/Jan.
- CPE hours plus Memberships paid.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).