Valuation Control Supervisor – Equities
- Citi EMEA
- Budapest, Hungary
- Not disclosed
- 27 Jan 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Internal audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Join our expanding Citi Finance Team in Budapest and make your own progress in a supportive and friendly environment!
We are a people-oriented organization that appreciates and promotes personal and professional aspirations. Our corporate culture is empathic: we acknowledge life-work balance throughout your career path.
Valuation Control Supervisor – Equities
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent team of subject matter experts within the Finance Division. VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. In doing so, the team works closely with its stakeholders, including senior management, business heads, product control, market risk, regulators, and both internal and external audit.
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with performing valuation control processes for various Equities businesses within Citi’s Institutional Clients Group
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- perform Independent Price Verification (IPV), calculate and/or verify Valuation Adjustments, and perform Fair Value Levelling for the inventory controlled
- manage one or multiple Valuation Control Analyst(s), acting as a reviewer and first point of escalation
- identify and resolve pricing issues, control deficiencies, backup coverage gaps, and process documentation deficiencies
- efficiently allocate resources to project work and end-user process enhancements
- perform internal and external reporting related tasks, including compliance with the European Banking Authority’s Regulatory Technical Standards on Prudent Valuation
- work with Front Office and other stakeholders to ensure a complete understanding and proper resolution of any valuation issues
- Identify and resolve pricing issues, control deficiencies, backup coverage gaps, and process documentation deficiencies
- effectively interact with senior stakeholders and lead valuation meetings with Business Functions, Risk, and Product Control counterparts
- exploit a collaborative and motivating attitude to join forces with colleagues for excellent results
- benefit from your organized personality, attention to details and independent working style
- use your experience and knowledge to drive and contribute to outstanding team performance
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- university or College degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or a similar relevant discipline
- at least 6 years’ professional experience in a relevant field of Finance (preferably Valuations, Risk, Product Control, or similar functions) – people management experience is an advantage
- ability to motivate and develop team members
- knowledge of, experience with, or a demonstrated interested in capital markets products (Equities, Bonds, Commodities, FX, Options, Swaps, Futures, Forwards)
- strong computer literacy, with special regards to Microsoft Excel (VBA and Python being a plus)
- ability to communicate (in English) effectively and efficiently across functions and departments
- attention to detail, control-focused mind-set, and a high level of proactiveness
- good time management and stakeholder management skills
- strong process improvement capabilities and track record
We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life-work balance
- career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- opportunity for participation in managerial development initiatives
- inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- a socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- a supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- competitive compensation package
- exposure to a number of different capital market products
- in-depth understanding of pricing and price verification approaches for various products
- understanding accounting standards relating to fair value reporting for derivatives
- understanding the regulatory impact on valuation and pricing
- further developing managerial and coaching skills
- opportunity for participation in wide range of professional trainings (ACCA, CFA, FRM)
Your journey and flexible career at Citi begins here – apply now!
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.