EMEA Finance Risk & Control Analyst - VP
- Citi EMEA
- London, UK
- Not disclosed
- 27 Jan 2023
- 23 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Tax, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The EMEA Finance Risk & Control (R&C) team is a driving factor in delivering robust and consistent design, monitoring and governance of the control framework across EMEA Finance. With responsibility for Risk and Control activities including Manger’s Control Assessment (MCA), Issue Management, Audit
Engagement, SOX, COSO, Transformation, Trainings and Communication. The team enables the EMEA
Finance organization to execute on Citi Finance Vision and Strategy. Our people make all the difference in our success.
The EMEA Risk & Control team is led by EMEA Finance Risk & Control Head reporting into EMEA Franchise Controller. The EMEA R&C team resources are subject matter specialist who support all streams of Finance: Legal Entity Management; Regulatory Reporting (across 54 countries in EMEA), Citi Solution
Centre (CSC), Accounting Policy, Planning & Analysis, Recovery and Resolution, Transformation, Treasury and Tax, and operates through three key strategic locations London, Budapest and Dubai.
The mission of the team is to:
- Serve as trusted control advisors who promote and assist in embedding strong internal controls over financial reporting, regulatory reporting across EMEA, and is involved in corporate level control programs such as SOX, COSO & MCA.
- Drive regional governance and ensure adherence to corporate wide Citi policies and standards for Finance.
- Deliver timely, accurate and insightful control analytics to ensure proper attention to remediation efforts and to strengthen the control environment.
- This role will focus on strengthening control-monitoring activities across all the countries within the EMEA
- region in line with Citi Global and regional standards, policies and procedures. The person will be working and supporting to drive robust Governance structure across EMEA Finance Controllers, particularly extending teams’ strategy on use of digital tools in Control Monitoring and implement continuous monitoring to strengthen Regional governance.
- Participate in the review and implementation of projects that drives Global and Regional work and transformation.
- To perform control deep dives across all business areas and countries, to identify control deficiencies, control best practices and consistency of approach.
- To run, analyze, distribute and discuss independent metrics across all areas within the Controllers Organization.
- Proficiency in conceptualizing and communicating through effective presentations to senior management.
- Implement timely and effective communication across the region for policy or requirement changes, with specific focus on EUC’s.
- Design and deliver trainings to EMEA countries with aim to increase awareness on controls and strengthen control environment.
- Analyze findings and root cause. Proposes sustainable and innovative solutions to risk and control issues.
- Provide adequate challenge to the Controllers functions to ensure control design is followed while performing production activities.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment, SOX Controls and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating and escalating issues; and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Complete additionally any other tasks/ ad-hoc controls projects in connection with the role but not detailed in the current job description, changed by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head.
- Opportunity to widen your knowledge of the banking industry and the products traded
- Chance to build an exceptional global network of professionals, Finance, Risk and Compliance
- Potential extensive exposure and interaction with Senior management
- A socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- Long-term career path and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life-work balance
Qualifications / Experience:
- Good understanding of culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control frameworks in leading international organizations
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment in EMEA, particularly in relation to governance
- Financial products knowledge is an advantage
- CPA or ACCA equivalent (is a plus)
- Internal Audit knowledge gained as a practitioner or in an associated consulting role (is a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal with a range of senior/ junior staff across a number of disciplines and across a wide range of countries.
- Influencing and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Embraces diversity and inclusion
- Exhibits strong teamwork and Collaboration
- Displays clear accountability and ownership
- Highly motivated with advanced analytical & problem-solving abilities
- Ability to interpret & implement regulatory guidelines & professional standards
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks within tight deadlines
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.