Employment Tax Specialist
- Primark Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland/Hybrid
- 27 Jan 2023
- 21 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Role: Employment Tax Analyst / Specialist
Purpose of role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic tax team. You will assist the team on tax-related work with a particular focus on employment taxes. You will be based in Dublin office (with flexibility to work also from home) and support the business with employment tax matters across all jurisdictions in which Primark operates (currently 14 EMEA countries, USA and growing).
Reports to: Employment Tax Manager
Interacts with: Tax, Reward & Benefits, Payroll, Financial Reporting and Global Mobility.
Location: Dublin Head Office (Hybrid)
- Advising the business on a wide spectrum of employment tax matters including taxation of compensation and benefits, global mobility, payroll, employment status and expenses.
- Supporting the Global Mobility Team to establish processes around the co-ordination and management of our global mobility population from a tax perspective and supporting the team with associated tax compliance.
- Assisting on a full range of employment tax compliance requirements such as preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreements, employee benefits and expenses health checks.
- Liaising with Corporate tax on our international Transfer Pricing arrangements and keeping updated of mobility changes to these arrangements.
- Supporting the business on all employment tax obligations for new country entry.
- Helping the wider tax team in tax audits across all countries.
- Building collaborative relationships with all relevant stakeholders and liaising with external advisors where necessary, covering all jurisdictions in which Primark operates.
- Considering potential opportunities and helping on ad hoc tax projects related to employment taxes.
- Proactively manage and build the employment tax risk review programme.
- Automating processes and tax compliance.
- Supporting on UK National Minimum Wage requirements.
- Keeping up to date with current tax and regulatory requirements and providing updates to the business on new legislation relevant to employment taxes.
Education and Training
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- AITI (associate of the Irish Taxation Institute or equivalent) desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 3 years PQE
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- English is essential and other European languages would be an advantage.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Attention to detail with strong financial and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, collaborative attitude with strong work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure and capable of handling multiple priorities.
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint is essential.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.