Senior Finance Transformation Manager – Digital & Change
- Primark Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- 27 Jan 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Digital, Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Senior Finance Transformation Manager – Digital & Change
Purpose of role:
The Senior Finance Transformation Manager - Digital & Change will partner with Technology to develop a digital transformation roadmap for Finance as part of the Finance Transformation Strategy. This is a key role within the Finance Transformation team with an opportunity to deliver a strategic evolution of Primark’s finance technology architecture and improve the finance digital user experience. This role will also have responsibility for developing and implementing change management strategies across Finance that support strategic change management.
- Develop and define with Technology a technology finance transformation strategy that aligns to the broader Finance Transformation strategy and Primark’s strategic business priorities.
- Identify where improvements in the productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of finance technology are needed and partner with Technology to ensure these improvements are delivered
- Lead the delivery of automation activities across Finance, creating and implementing a Finance Automation Delivery Framework and developing team members in a range of roles on process efficiencies and automation delivery
- Own the operating model for the delivery of high quality and consistent automated processes
- Accelerate the Primark Finance RPA delivery framework working closely with Technology to onboard high complexity candidates into an automated solution. Mentor colleagues on best practice for RPA process assessment and development techniques.
- Develop and implement change management strategies and plans and apply a structured methodology to lead change management activities across Finance.
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness, and identify key stakeholders across strategic projects impacting Finance.
- Partner with Finance and Technology teams to identify, develop, and implement process improvement initiatives to simplify processes, automate processes, or eliminate “work‐arounds” in order to improve efficiency and the finance control environment.
- Engage with business and technology change management teams to proactively manage operational and system changes to maintain service delivery
- Influence internal and external stakeholders and act as a champion for innovation and adoption of new practices
- Solve complex issues in project implementation and lead the processes needed to correct the problem
- Work collaboratively across the finance and technology functions, building effective working relationships with teams to deliver transformation and embed and embrace change across the finance function
- Work closely in partnership with other teams within Finance Transformation to support the delivery of the Finance transformation strategy.
- Key stakeholder in the Primark Governance Framework, driving engagement and supporting others across Finance and Technology in preparing for and engaging with Governance forums.
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Credibility to influence senior leaders across all areas of the business
- Commercial awareness and strategic mind-set, with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business
- Strong engagement and communication skills, with proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation, particularly with senior management
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to inspire, lead, build & deliver through high performing teams
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Experience leading transformation programmes/change programmes desired across people, process, and systems
- Manage the planning of future process on-boarding, ensure timely delivery of automations
- Create and deliver Sprint plans and project reporting to communicate project status to stakeholders
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to challenges, either individually or as part of a team
- Excellent planning and project management skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level +
- 7+ years having worked in finance and/or operation roles with experience delivering Business/Technology Transformation
- Process oriented with a logical mind-set, using reasoning consistently to come to the correct conclusion
- Knowledge of Business/System Analysis in a structured environment
- Knowledge of transformation through business process change, automation (incl. RPA), Business Intelligence and data analytics would be advantageous. E.g. applications such as Automation Anywhere, Alteryx, MS Power Automate etc.
- Understanding of software delivery lifecycle an advantage particularly around requirement elicitation/refinement/documentation, UAT and business readiness (i.e. support from project to operations – user documentation, training, workshops)
- Accreditation and/or practitioner experience of Transformation, Change Management or Project Management e.g. APMG, PMI CAPM/PMP, Lean Six Sigma, Agile Product Owner, etc. would be advantageous
- Experience managing and leading high-performing teams
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Oracle Financials is an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.