- Bank of Ireland
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 27 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Description of business unit
Bank of Ireland's Group Tax Department, part of the Finance Division, has responsibility for strategic oversight of the Group's tax affairs and is the primary provider of tax advice to all Bank of Ireland Business Functions and Divisions. We also lead and control all aspects of tax planning and tax reporting for the BOI Group. Our aim is to provide proactive professional advisory support to the business.
Purpose of the Role
Responsibility for provision of expert tax advice to all Group business divisions, including supporting HR teams on all employment tax matters driving efficiency and ensuring robust tax compliance.
*This is a temporary 18 month fixed term contract*
- Provide advice on tax aspects of Group planning matters for example, new service contracts, transfer pricing matters, investments, dispositions, group restructurings or reorganisations.
- Provide expert tax advice to all HR teams within the Bank with regard to all employment tax issues affecting employees and the Group directly.
- Support the business teams in review of customer facilities to highlight tax risks and provide documentary review.
- Develop and promote tax policies, standards and best process across the Group
- Assist the function on ad-hoc assignments and objectives.
What is the opportunity
Assist with guiding the Group through its tax affairs to contribute to a high quality tax advisory function in alignment with the Group Tax Policy, including playing a key role in supervising and implementing changes in tax legislation and handling tax risk across the Group.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
- Minimum 5 years tax experience, having qualified as an accountant and/or tax consultant.
- Strong commercial savvy and interpersonal awareness.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to interpret evolving tax legislation and deliver solutions which mitigate tax and operational risk.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead key internal and external relationships.
- Ability to be agile and operate in a fast paced cross functional business environment.
- Drive, energy and desire to achieve outstanding performance.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Financial Services experience is desirable but not crucial.
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Leader
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Closing date: Feb 10, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.