Staff Tax Accountant
- Woodbridge Township, United States
- Not disclosed
- 27 Jan 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Our firm has excellent opportunities for qualified Staff Accountant candidates who are motivated to learn the exciting world of private equity and hedge funds. Professional staff members will gain valuable experience in accounting, tax, and advisory engagements.
- Preparation of adjusting journal entries and detailed workpapers for private equity/hedge funds, their investment vehicles, and the wide range of companies they invest into
- Prepare quarterly financial statement and footnote disclosures
- Prepare income and expense allocations to partners
- Preparation of complex partnership and corporation income tax returns for funds and their investment vehicles
- Prepare projections, forecasts, and budgets, as well as variance analysis
- Correspond with clients on various matters
- Research complex tax and accounting issues and develop clear and concise conclusions
- Prepare projections of federal/state tax liabilities and current and deferred tax provisions, including reconciling GAAP and Tax basis items
- Use problem solving skills to analyze complex financial transactions to identify tax treatment
- Perform tax compliance for partnerships and corporations
- Perform quarterly testing for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), which involves consolidating trial balance for multiple subsidiaries, intercompany eliminations, equity rollforwards, and reconciliations of investments and equity.
- Review income and expenses of REIT’s property investments and assess the nature of income and expenses for testing purposes
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong work ethic
- Eagerness to gain technical experience and take on challenging responsibilities.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to work and focus in a fast-paced, results based, and quality service environment
- Strong supervisory skills and the ability to review the work of others
- Contributes to team effort and maintains individual work
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills are essential
- Experience dealing directly with clients
- Attention to detail
- Consult and contribute to projects from inception to conclusion
- Ongoing commitment to continuing education and professional growth required
- Possess a working knowledge of some (if not all) of the following software programs: CCH Axcess Tax Preparation Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks
About JGM Fund Services
Today’s investors demand operational excellence – transparency, timeliness, and trustworthiness, not only in accounting and financial reporting but also in tax structuring, tax compliance, valuation, and other strategic areas. Our team of CPA’s deliver highly responsive and fully integrated services for multi-national investors in real estate and other alternative asset classes, enabling our clients to leverage our highly experienced team and proven technologies. As a full-service boutique firm, we allow our client’s to scale their businesses while minimizing resource constraints. We eliminate the need to coordinate with multiple service providers.
JGM Fund Services is a professional services firm which exclusively services the private equity and hedge fund industry. We provide fund administration, accounting, tax, and advisory services to private equity/hedge fund managers and their institutional investors. Our professional training and development program is a cornerstone to our success: we provide extensive hands on training and over 40 hours of class room training each year.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.