Senior Finance Analyst Business Partnering
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 27 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Bookkeeper, Finance business partner, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and financial management services to the Technology division of the Bank.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology cost base, and enable them to deliver their current and future strategic and financial plans.
Technology Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in our team
Your role specifically will entail partnering with the Chief Data and Analytics Office (CDAO) business within Technology. CDAO are responsible for managing and safekeeping critical data and data platforms that are used across the Bank. Data is at the forefront of CBA’s Tech strategy, and is what enables the Bank to deliver world class experiences for customers through personalisation, and NBC (next best conversations) at increased speed and accuracy. Your team forms a part of the wider Technology Finance Team which is comprised of approximately 90 people, who also provide business partnering and financial management services to other Tech areas, Business Unit CIOs, and Group Finance.
Key duties will include:
- Acting as a key point of contact in relation to financial performance
- Processing of month-end journals and P&L analysis
- Balance sheet analysis, substantiation and reconciliation
- Process improvement, standardisation and simplification
- Preparation, presentation and monitoring of annual budgets and rolling forecasts following extensive engagement with key stakeholders
- Driving insightful reporting and analysis, including presentation of month-end results
- Producing discussion documents on various business issues for respective leadership teams and key stakeholders
- Engaging collaboratively across Finance and Business stakeholders to help drive business outcomes, enhance cost transparency, and become a trusted advisor
- Provide financial support for both BAU and investment related activities
- Positively contribute to team culture and the work environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve;
- Strong accounting and financial skills; including financial modelling and analytical skills;
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified;
- Accounting/finance management related degree; and
- 3+ years finance experience, ideally within a large corporate
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your ongoing development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 02/02/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.