Tax, Senior Manager / Manager (Corporate Tax for Financial Services)
- Mazars Asia
- Not disclosed
- 27 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a financial services tax professional to play a key role in the development of our financial services tax group. As a member of the management team, your role is to help our clients meet their local and overseas tax obligations, structure their affairs tax efficiently and apply for tax incentives where available. You will manage and grow a portfolio of corporate and individual financial services clients (such as banks, fund management and insurance companies).
Your responsibilities will include the provision of effective tax advisory and compliance services (including GST) to our corporate clients in the financial services industry, foster strong relationships with relevant client contacts and provide independent advice. You are also expected to manage a team of staff, take on a proactive role in identifying new business opportunities and be responsible for the development and marketing of our service offerings.
- Manage and coordinate in corporate tax (including personal tax and GST) compliance and tax advisory engagements.
- Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct/monitor engagements.
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure exceptional client service.
- Oversee the compliance management process and adapt to challenges in the process
- Participate in managing a compliance group by assisting with forecasting future compliance work, delegating work effectively, coaching, training and resolving staffing issues.
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff.
- Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary.
- Contribute to a flexible, stable and team-orientated working culture.
- Assess and identify (cross business line) business development opportunities.
- Build strong internal cross functional relationships within the Mazars network.
- Involve in any other adhoc projects and related tasks as and when required.
- Degree in Accountancy/ Finance or relevant discipline, preferably with a membership with SCTP.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant corporate tax and advisory experience, preferably from an international accounting firm or MNC. Financial services experience will be an added plus.
- Good understanding of business and tax technical issues and the ability to transform these into value-added solutions for clients.
- Strong leadership, project management and analytical skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Strong team player.
- Motivated and looking for career growth and development.