Financial Control Manager Group Centre Costs
- Bank of Ireland
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- 27 Jan 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Description of business unit
Group Centre comprises Group Technology and Customer Solutions (GTCS), Group Finance, Group Risk, People Services, Group Strategy and Development and Group Internal Audit. These central control functions establish governance and coordinate policies and provide and manage processes and delivery platforms for the trading divisions.
The Group Centre Financial Control team is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the Group Centre Division's financial position and performance. The outputs of the team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal team members.
Purpose of the Role
The role will have responsibility for the production of insightful monthly financial reporting and other key deliverables including both statutory and regulatory.
- Responsibility for the delivery of high quality financial and management reporting.
- Lead a team of Finance professionals, ensuring appropriate learning and development.
- Review financial reports and analysis ensuring that underlying processes, review and controls have been completed in accordance with standard methodology and that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Financial Control and the Business Partnering teams to ensure collaboration, communication and resolution of issues in a timely and efficient manner;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies and improvements.
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a Financial Control team which leads all aspects of business transactions which span across all divisions throughout the bank. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to collaborate closely directly with the Commercial Partner team and interact with contacts within the business on a regular basis.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
- A qualified Accountant with 3+ years' relevant post qualification experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Validated experience of delivery to tight reporting targets.
- Shown capacity to meet exciting targets!
- Highly constructive contributor to teams and groups
- Commercial competence and strong appetite to understand the business.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Sap /BCS !
- Accountable - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Customer Focused - Self
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Feb 14, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.