Operations Client Service, VP
- State Street
- Not disclosed
- 27 Jan 2023
- 27 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Who we are looking for
As Vice President in Luxembourg Fund Accounting Team, you will be directly responsible for oversight of NAV Production and service level of NAV teams to which State Street Luxembourg is delegating some activity.
This position requires strong staff management and client servicing skills as well as relevant industry experience. The role holder will be responsible for managing teams and gain exposure to many clients located in Emea / North America or Asia Pacific.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery. Global Delivery is encompassing core custody, accounting, fund administration and valuation services.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Vice President in Fund Accounting Team you will:
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Assume senior managerial oversight of all operations conducted by pre-nav team to which State Street Luxembourg is delegating some activity
- Manage the team to ensure correct and effective resources utility; workload, skills etc.
- Be a Gatekeeper for accuracy and responsiveness for all queries submitted by clients.
- Participate on Client projects as fund accounting subject matter experts (client onboarding, prospectus review, new product implementation, …)
- Drive fund accounting optimization initiatives by standardizing, adopting new technologies and liaising internally with other stakeholders
- Lead corporate and external audits.
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting / exceeding service delivery standards.
- Support wider European/Global strategy through relevant projects and initiatives that may be assigned.
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels as well as staff.
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure that regular team and 1:1 meetings are conducted across the assigned unit.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Confidence in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication; Organizational and Report Writing skill.
- Capacity to lead and drive execution
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters.
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results.
- Drive execution of all client and business-related tasks.
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally.
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Display organizational insight & influence.
- Foster collaboration & team work.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years or relevant experience gathered in a financial services environment.
- 8+ years of managerial experience (operations and financial services). Experience in managing large teams and operations servicing multiple clients is a must.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.