- Page Personnel
- City of London, London
- £28000 - £32000 per annum + hybrid working, flexible hours
- 26 Jan 2023
- 02 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5916900
- Suad Shamsideen
- Job role
- Accounts assistant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
This role is for an Accounts Assistant to take on a 6 month FTC with the chance to become permanent.
My client is an international shipping consultancy, based in the City of London. They are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their growing Finance team on a temporary basis, with a chance to become a permanent permission.
The successful Accounts Assistant be:
- Processing and raising invoices
- Preparing weekly payment run for suppliers
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepayments and accruals
- Month End Journals
- Processing of Employee expenses and advances
- Reconciling credit card expenses in line with employment expense claims, including allowances for any adjustments in processes
- Maintaining accounts payables records and files.
- Conducting month-end and year-end closing procedures
- Ad hoc duties as required
The desired Accounts Assistant must have:
- Knowledge of accounts payable function.
- Understanding of the principles and application of VAT with regards to invoices.
- Good knowledge of computerised accounting systems and how accounts payable function are applied.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and flexible in approach.
- Ability to meet regular accounting deadlines.
It would be desirable but not essential for the successful candidate to have experience with the use of the Epicor system.
On offer to the selected Accounts Assistant is:
- Up to £32k p/a
- Hybrid working arrangements
- The chance to transition into a permanent role
- Working within a growing business
- Working in the City of London