Senior Valuation Risk Controller
- Morgan Stanley
- Budapest, Hungary
- Not disclosed
- 26 Jan 2023
- 26 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Finance director, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the Investment Banking business
- Work with and obtain in-depth knowledge of a wide-range of financial products – from plain vanilla cash product to the most exotic structured derivatives products
- Engagement with the other offices globally, including New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously, home office opportunity
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- Get exposure to these asset classes: Interest- and FX rates
- Undertake monthly independent valuations of a global portfolio of financial assets using external data sources and internal models
- Present to and communicate with traders and strategists regularly to convey valuation results and discuss marking methodologies
- Review valuation and risk models, while working closely with model developers
- Enhance and streamline existing working processes in close cooperation with Technology teams
- Understand global financial markets, follow market movements and comprehend the impact on the portfolio and firm
- Be responsible for managing a team, not only allocating and reviewing the team members’ monthly deliverables but supporting the professional development by providing the right opportunities for them LI-TG2
- Strong academics, with preference for finance or a quantitative discipline such as financial engineering, mathematics, physics, engineering or other technical field
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Good understanding of financial markets and products
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to develop strong internal client relationships
- Good understanding of IT and systems
- People management experience is an advantage
Team Profile: Morgan Stanley Valuation Control provide an independent valuation assessment across the entire spectrum of financial instruments, ranging from vanilla products to the most complex structured and derivative transactions. This process involves the certification of models and their valuation methodologies, testing for adherence to such methodologies, evaluating internal valuation marks against external benchmarks, identification and resolution of valuation discrepancies, and communicating a valuation assessment to senior trading and Finance management. The team is also involved in the continuous enhancements of the valuation control infrastructure with a view towards global and cross-product standardization.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.