Financial Reporting Specialist - AVP
- Morgan Stanley
- Glasgow, UK
- Not disclosed
- 26 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Finance director, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
A new Director opportunity is available in our Tax Department, EMEA Tax is responsible for Corporate Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax, Tax Advisory, US Tax Reporting and Global Tax Risk with offices in London, Glasgow, Frankfurt, and Budapest. Glasgow members work closely with the other EMEA and NY offices, and wider Finance.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for developing and implementing a cohesive suite of management reports to support the business to include:
- Data collation and preparation of monthly Global Initiatives reporting for Senior Management continued evolution, development, and maintenance of the Global Initiatives Share point site, for stakeholder updates and management reporting.
- 3rd Party Portfolio reporting for Senior Management
- oversight and review of Monthly Global Department Professional Services Expenses & Headcount
- Provide oversight & support for all department 3rd party contracts.
- Be the primary contact and stakeholder manager for Global Initiative owners.
- Manage relationship with Firm Sourcing & be the primary contract for vendor queries.
- Build a strong stakeholder network across Global departments in Finance, raising awareness of Global Initiatives status, challenges, and benefits to the Firm.
What we’re looking for:
- Aptitude for working in a swiftly changing, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (O365, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Experience of Share point development and maintenance
- Experience of working closely with Senior Management and can influence stakeholders
- Have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple streams of work
- Have a proven track record of developing and improving reporting and processes
Where will you be working?
EMEA Tax is responsible for Corporate Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax, Tax Advisory, US Tax Reporting and Global Tax Risk with offices in London, Glasgow, Frankfurt, and Budapest. Glasgow members work closely with the other EMEA and NY offices, and wider Finance. We also offer hybrid working which will discussed at during our telephone screening process.
Flexible work statement
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.