Business Controls, Vice President
- State Street
- Not disclosed
- 26 Jan 2023
- 26 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Business analyst, Compliance/risk, Finance director
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Who we are looking for
The role is to maintain and manage the central outsourcing governance team for the SSBI Luxembourg Branch. Its tasks include, besides others, the implementation and further development of an appropriate outsourcing management and corresponding control and monitoring processes, the creation and maintenance of full documentation of outsourcings (including subcontracted activities), the support of the business units with regard to internal and statutory requirements for outsourcing as well as the coordination and review of the risk analysis conducted by the responsible units
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Acting as the SSBI Lux Branch Central Outsourcing Officer
- Heading the central SSBI Lux Branch Outsourcing team, including 3rd party risk management (TPRM), and IFDSL oversight
- Management and oversight of the outsourcing operating model; ensure appropriate outsourcing governance structure is maintained for any new arrangements, existing arrangements and termination or exit of arrangements and lead transformation required due to regulatory change agenda and regulatory expectations
- Ensure that SSBI Lux Branch complies with Outsourcing related regulations and internal policies and escalation procedures are followed
- Ensure consistency of approach, within the local regulatory and legal obligations, with the EMEA Outsourcing Framework
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions and external stakeholders such as clients, industry bodies and regulators
- Report regularly to local SSBI Lunch Branch Committees including Branch Management Committee, Business Risk Committee and GmbH Outsourcing Committee.
- Maintaining the SSBI Lux Branch Outsourcing inventory
- Assist business in completing notification forms to the CSSF
- Attend Due Diligence meetings with clients to explain the SSBI Lux outsourcing governance framework
- Respond to RFPs in regards to the outsourcing model
- Provide outsourcing matrix to clients on an ad hoc basis
- Assist business in completing the Global Transition Risk Assessment (GTRA) forms and advise on the requirements needed for new outsourcing proposals
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.